• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help an elderly veteran

acog1988

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
37   0
Reaction score
As some of you may know I am in the real estate business. I was recently approached from a potential client in regards to selling her grandfathers property for him. The lady who contacted me about it is friends on Facebook with my wife. While looking at her profile I found where she started a gofundme for her grandfather. I am not sure that I could be of help to him offering real estate services but I know the we have some wonderful members here who have gotten together before for good causes. From what I understand the house is currently in need of major repairs. The family doesn't know that I am doing this but I wanted to see if any members may be interested in helping. I know we make up a very diverse group of individuals with many different skills. What I am proposing is maybe a combination of a fundraiser for those who are unable to be physically involved and maybe for those with the skill set and time that we could get together and make repairs. From my understanding the only reason for them inquiring about selling is because its not habitable for him in his elderly state. I will be getting additions details soon and if this gains any traction I will provide answers to questions anyone may have. I've copied a link to the gofundme she started so you can see his story. I sincerely hope that we can make a difference in this mans life.

https://www.gofundme.com/get-george-on-his-feet

Tried to make a donation, got an error, it said have the owner log into the account

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what the error was but thank you for trying. They may have given up on the fundraising because it didn't do well. As stated before they have no idea what I'm trying to do. I will be meeting with her next week and will get more details.

Thank you all who have commented. I'm not exactly sure the extent of repairs needed. I know of the roof for sure and do believe that it needs more. I'm going to get more specifics next week when I meet with her. At this point they have no idea what I'm trying to do. When I get more details I'll post an update. Again thank you all very much.

Back
Top Bottom