• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help ID these trespassers, Canton - Cartersville

I think I have figured out what's going on here.

This land has a liquor store located on one side and a metal recycling place on the other.

Your place is just at a geographical disadvantage. You know certain folk will bury their murder weapon on the way to pick up some Night Train and the other guys will drop through for a scenic nature hike on the way back to their trailer from selling stolen evaporator cores (or just trading them in directly for meth.)

lead_720_405.jpg
3 hours of reading an all I can think about is naked old men and PVC pipe.

Thanks ODT.

I need to call AECOM to find out why their people walked around a locked gate with no trespassing signs. I thought only public utilities or people with documented easements would send workers onto someone's property.

View attachment 1734946

You would be surprised at who can go on your property.

First again, anyone can because there is no law against simple trespass.

There are laws against intentionally harming a trespasser.

I worked for the census, and they emphasized that we could go anywhere. A census worker has more "snooping" authority than a LEO, because he is not looking for criminal conduct. Laws about illegal searches don't apply.

It is a federal crime to threaten or interfere with a census worker. I had one fellow who got sort of froggy, and he actually got a visit from a black Suburban full of FBI agents. Impressed the hell out of me.

I worked for the census, and they emphasized that we could go anywhere. A census worker has more "snooping" authority than a LEO, because he is not looking for criminal conduct. Laws about illegal searches don't apply.

It is a federal crime to threaten or interfere with a census worker. I had one fellow who got sort of froggy, and he actually got a visit from a black Suburban full of FBI agents. Impressed the hell out of me.

Don't come to my house and demand that I complete the "long form."

The purpose of the census is clear. And 98% of stuff on the long form is total BS.

You may be right in your assessment of simple trespass, IDK. But I would suggest you leave when told to:

E.A person commits the offense of criminal trespass when he or she remains upon the land or premises of another person or within the vehicle, railroad car, aircraft, or watercraft of another person after receiving notice from the owner, occupant, or a representative to depart.

1. Consent to enter a premise or a vehicle can be withdrawn by the rightful owner or possessor anytime. Withdrawal of consent may or may not be preceded by warnings to the person occupying the premises. This is why restaurants and other business establishment often threaten their unruly customers with trespassing if the latter refuse to leave after sufficient warnings and demands to leave the premises.
  2. The person must be given reasonable period of time to leave the premise or vehicle. When a worker is fired, for example, he must be given sufficient time to gather all his belongings out of his workspace. After substantial amount of time to pack up and leave, subsequent entry by the EX-worker can be considered trespass if he did not secure appropriate consent from his former employer.
  3. A person can also commit trespass under this provision when he unlawfully withholds a property from the rightful possessor of the property after demands to surrender or return the property are made.
(Can you tell I disapprove of census people coming around and trying to browbeat people into giving more info than is necessary? And, really. WTF are 90% of those questions on the long form about? That tihng is not about gathering data to measure districts, it's about collecting intel the govt has absolutely no right to.)

The more I think about this post, the more it pisses me off.

You are supposed to be helping people who can't figure out how to complete a form-not saying "hell, I can go anywhere I want because they gave me a cool ID which says census guy." And especially "we can call up big boy agents to harass people who don't take kindly to our our little pop-gun song and dance." That's just striking me the wrong way and all.

Once again. Don't come here. I won't participate in that little dog & pony show.

The census data you will get from me is "**** you. Come back with a warrant, or don't come back."

"Snooping authority" for census workers....... Let that sink in, folks.

Back
Top Bottom