• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help ID these trespassers, Canton - Cartersville

Don't come to my house and demand that I complete the "long form."

The purpose of the census is clear. And 98% of stuff on the long form is total BS.

You may be right in your assessment of simple trespass, IDK. But I would suggest you leave when told to:

E.A person commits the offense of criminal trespass when he or she remains upon the land or premises of another person or within the vehicle, railroad car, aircraft, or watercraft of another person after receiving notice from the owner, occupant, or a representative to depart.

1. Consent to enter a premise or a vehicle can be withdrawn by the rightful owner or possessor anytime. Withdrawal of consent may or may not be preceded by warnings to the person occupying the premises. This is why restaurants and other business establishment often threaten their unruly customers with trespassing if the latter refuse to leave after sufficient warnings and demands to leave the premises.
  2. The person must be given reasonable period of time to leave the premise or vehicle. When a worker is fired, for example, he must be given sufficient time to gather all his belongings out of his workspace. After substantial amount of time to pack up and leave, subsequent entry by the EX-worker can be considered trespass if he did not secure appropriate consent from his former employer.
  3. A person can also commit trespass under this provision when he unlawfully withholds a property from the rightful possessor of the property after demands to surrender or return the property are made.
(Can you tell I disapprove of census people coming around and trying to browbeat people into giving more info than is necessary? And, really. WTF are 90% of those questions on the long form about? That tihng is not about gathering data to measure districts, it's about collecting intel the govt has absolutely no right to.)
The more I think about this post, the more it pisses me off.

You are supposed to be helping people who can't figure out how to complete a form-not saying "hell, I can go anywhere I want because they gave me a cool ID which says census guy." And especially "we can call up big boy agents to harass people who don't take kindly to our our little pop-gun song and dance." That's just striking me the wrong way and all.

Once again. Don't come here. I won't participate in that little dog & pony show.

The census data you will get from me is "**** you. Come back with a warrant, or don't come back."

"Snooping authority" for census workers....... Let that sink in, folks.

Today at 10:22 PM #2049
gh1950 said:
You would be surprised at who can go on your property.

First again, anyone can because there is no law against simple trespass.

There are laws against intentionally harming a trespasser.

I worked for the census, and they emphasized that we could go anywhere. A census worker has more "snooping" authority than a LEO, because he is not looking for criminal conduct. Laws about illegal searches don't apply.

It is a federal crime to threaten or interfere with a census worker. I had one fellow who got sort of froggy, and he actually got a visit from a black Suburban full of FBI agents. Impressed the hell out of me.

Don't come to my house and demand that I complete the "long form."

The purpose of the census is clear. And 98% of stuff on the long form is total BS.

You may be right in your assessment of simple trespass, IDK. But I would suggest you leave when told to:

E.A person commits the offense of criminal trespass when he or she remains upon the land or premises of another person or within the vehicle, railroad car, aircraft, or watercraft of another person after receiving notice from the owner, occupant, or a representative to depart.

1. Consent to enter a premise or a vehicle can be withdrawn by the rightful owner or possessor anytime. Withdrawal of consent may or may not be preceded by warnings to the person occupying the premises. This is why restaurants and other business establishment often threaten their unruly customers with trespassing if the latter refuse to leave after sufficient warnings and demands to leave the premises.
  2. The person must be given reasonable period of time to leave the premise or vehicle. When a worker is fired, for example, he must be given sufficient time to gather all his belongings out of his workspace. After substantial amount of time to pack up and leave, subsequent entry by the EX-worker can be considered trespass if he did not secure appropriate consent from his former employer.
  3. A person can also commit trespass under this provision when he unlawfully withholds a property from the rightful possessor of the property after demands to surrender or return the property are made.
(Can you tell I disapprove of census people coming around and trying to browbeat people into giving more info than is necessary? And, really. WTF are 90% of those questions on the long form about? That tihng is not about gathering data to measure districts, it's about collecting intel the govt has absolutely no right to.)

Oh my, so much ignorance, so little time.

Let's see if I can do my part to educate some of the folks.

1. Referring to state trespass law as your recourse to dealing with census workers is completely pointless. There is this supremacy issue you have to deal with. OTOH many state and local workers have the same privileges - tax assessors, building inspectors, utility workers, and probably more. Call the law on them and watch what happens. Been there, done that, seen the asshat get blown off by LEO.

2. In the modern census, the census takers have nothing to do with the "long form." The form the census takers use is 4 pages with an addendum page, with a total of about 12 questions. The "long form" is mailed to a very small percentage of randomly selected people. The only people contacted by census takers are household that have not responded to previous mail contacts from the census bureau, or homesites discovered by census bureau survey teams that do not appear on address lists. FWIW, there are several long forms with different sets of questions which are intended to provide statistical validation to the census.

3. We didn't get a cool ID. We got a blank plastic ID form, a lanyard, and they loaned us a magic marker to write our own name down. I wish we had gotten a gov't issued ID.

4. We don't call in anybody, unless we are imminent threat of bodily injury, and then we call the local LEO on our own phone. Of course, I worked in an area that by and large had no cell coverage, so that wasn't really an option. As far as "calling in the big boy agents", way above our pay grade, but like millions of other American workers, we turn in daily reports that get passed up the line, and some people do get visits from the guys in the black Suburbans. Sort of like threatening the president on FB.

As far as telling the census worker, "**** you" that is what is recorded. You seem to think the census worker cares. All we had to do was document that we had attempted to contact people who had not responded to written contact from the census bureau. If you want your local census district recorded as 70% black and 25% Hispanic, more power to you. That's why the Dems are so adamant about getting "everybody" counted, everybody being illegals, blacks, hispanics, and the occasional disgruntled Caucasian.

The census counts warm bodies (it's one of those things in the U.S. Constitution, don't you know) and it's that count that determines congressional districts, federal funding allocations, local gov't districts.

5. Following up on the above, census workers don't try to "browbeat" anyone, because like low wage, hourly workers every where, they don't care. They make the same thing, they don't get a bonus for "browbeating" you into anything. They do have a pat little speech about how it is your obligation to participate in the census, it's for the good of the country, but, hey, if you don't you don't, and we go get a cup of coffee. In fact refusing to participate makes our job easier, because we just mark the form "RTA" and go on down the street. I'd like rather have a dozen rednecks in a row who didn't want to give "intel" to the gov't than one Hispanic family with 8 kids, grand mama, a cousin and his wife in the back room, and only one of the bunch can speak enough English to provide the info for the form.

BTW going back to sort of the original question (and I know that's not the ODT way) Georgia has a long tradition of the courts being very lenient to simple trespassers. As I note above, any intentional damage to trespassers or their property will come back on the landowner. That's why most timber companies will not let you cable entrances any more - some snot nose trespasser on a 4 wheeler hit one in NW Georgia (at Berry College I think) and cut his head off. The fact that he was trespassing did not keep the landowner from having to pay out big bucks.

gifimage.net_wp_content_uploads_2017_08_triggered_meme_gif_3.gif

Oh my, so much ignorance, so little time.

Let's see if I can do my part to educate some of the folks.

1. Referring to state trespass law as your recourse to dealing with census workers is completely pointless. There is this supremacy issue you have to deal with. OTOH many state and local workers have the same privileges - tax assessors, building inspectors, utility workers, and probably more. Call the law on them and watch what happens. Been there, done that, seen the asshat get blown off by LEO.

2. In the modern census, the census takers have nothing to do with the "long form." The form the census takers use is 4 pages with an addendum page, with a total of about 12 questions. The "long form" is mailed to a very small percentage of randomly selected people. The only people contacted by census takers are household that have not responded to previous mail contacts from the census bureau, or homesites discovered by census bureau survey teams that do not appear on address lists. FWIW, there are several long forms with different sets of questions which are intended to provide statistical validation to the census.

3. We didn't get a cool ID. We got a blank plastic ID form, a lanyard, and they loaned us a magic marker to write our own name down. I wish we had gotten a gov't issued ID.

4. We don't call in anybody, unless we are imminent threat of bodily injury, and then we call the local LEO on our own phone. Of course, I worked in an area that by and large had no cell coverage, so that wasn't really an option. As far as "calling in the big boy agents", way above our pay grade, but like millions of other American workers, we turn in daily reports that get passed up the line, and some people do get visits from the guys in the black Suburbans. Sort of like threatening the president on FB.

As far as telling the census worker, "**** you" that is what is recorded. You seem to think the census worker cares. All we had to do was document that we had attempted to contact people who had not responded to written contact from the census bureau. If you want your local census district recorded as 70% black and 25% Hispanic, more power to you. That's why the Dems are so adamant about getting "everybody" counted, everybody being illegals, blacks, hispanics, and the occasional disgruntled Caucasian.

The census counts warm bodies (it's one of those things in the U.S. Constitution, don't you know) and it's that count that determines congressional districts, federal funding allocations, local gov't districts.

5. Following up on the above, census workers don't try to "browbeat" anyone, because like low wage, hourly workers every where, they don't care. They make the same thing, they don't get a bonus for "browbeating" you into anything. They do have a pat little speech about how it is your obligation to participate in the census, it's for the good of the country, but, hey, if you don't you don't, and we go get a cup of coffee. In fact refusing to participate makes our job easier, because we just mark the form "RTA" and go on down the street. I'd like rather have a dozen rednecks in a row who didn't want to give "intel" to the gov't than one Hispanic family with 8 kids, grand mama, a cousin and his wife in the back room, and only one of the bunch can speak enough English to provide the info for the form.

BTW going back to sort of the original question (and I know that's not the ODT way) Georgia has a long tradition of the courts being very lenient to simple trespassers. As I note above, any intentional damage to trespassers or their property will come back on the landowner. That's why most timber companies will not let you cable entrances any more - some snot nose trespasser on a 4 wheeler hit one in NW Georgia (at Berry College I think) and cut his head off. The fact that he was trespassing did not keep the landowner from having to pay out big bucks.

The constitution mentions nothing about counting members of races. That should not matter. Much less plumbing figures, pets, etc etc..... That’s all irrelevant nonsense.

The number of individuals in my house is all the info you would get out of me-and it will come in written form.

I won’t even open my door. I’m not giving you the satisfaction of pissing me off in person.

Sorry, no van full of FBI agents will come to chew my ass over any census BS. Unless you can find a judge willing to issue a harassment warrant. You’ll have to find other stuff to get “impressed the hell” out of. Would you be just as impressed if a guy comes out holding a cellphone or wallet, and said FBI team blasts his ass-and his dog? Bet that would really be impressive. Cause census stuff is definitely worth vans full of agents-totally justified.

I’m just thankful that you are not a person with actual authority. Anyone who gets such a dork thrill from “snooping authority” and vans full of swat guys lended by a census clipboard damned sure doesn’t need any

Back
Top Bottom