• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help me be a winner!

Timing is everything, if I want it I'm not low-balling anyone. I do my quick research and if it's cheaper than buying it New, I'm giving the ODT guy his price. Hell, I bought 3 guns here on ODT just because the price was great , traded all 3 for a nice upgraded Daniel Defense AR -15, why because Pawn Shops are getting low on inventory so the Lawn Shop owner wanted more used gun inventory. The better the economy the less guns in Pawn Shops.
Lawn Shop?

After many months and good feedback, some left some not, it seems I dont know how I am suppose to actually become the

NUMERO UNO?

Is it PM sent, PM received, first to show up, first to answer email or text? Or am I just a ****he*d that doesn't understand the ROE ( RULES OF ENGAGEMENT) for me getting your item?

Can you help a brother out?

It's the first to make a deal with the seller. Period.

A seller isn't obligated to sell to anyone they don't want to just because that person happened to make first contact.

Okay. So no rhyme or reason to who becomes the new owner? Gotcha

The rhyme or reason is the item goes to the first person that makes a deal that the seller and buyer are both happy with.

So you think a seller should be obligated to sell their property to the first person who says they want it, regardless of any other circumstance?

Not obligated but they should have 1st dibs in the item. Why wouldn't they? You post you want $500, I say yes and send my number, you respond, then you sell it. That's okay?

Maybe the you're farther away than someone else and the seller doesn't want to drive. Maybe you can't pick the item up until the weekend and someone else can pick it up the same day. Maybe the seller doesn't know you and has dealt with another buyer before and knows from past experience they aren't going to have any issues with the deal. There are a million reasons why a seller would prefer to deal with one buyer over another, and as the owner of whatever is being sold that's certainly their right. Hell, there are people I wouldn't sell something to at double my asking price just because I think they're an asshole. The idea of "dibs" because one potential buyer sent a message two minutes before another regardless of any other factor is a bit silly.

So there is no order of merit?

No, at least not one based on time. It's been established here since literally day one that an "I'll take it" means absolutely nothing without a committed deal confirmed by both parties.

So I should just not PM and blab a deal in the open. Anarchy wins

The means and methods of communication between parties is competely irrelevant.

I could see an argument that in theory an unconditional commitment to buy, i.e., I'll pay your asking price and pick the item up at any given time and location specified by the seller, should get first consideration as a matter of courtesy if all other factors are equal. In practice though, how often is that really going to be the case, as there are always going to be other factors that are weighted subjectively by the preferences of the seller.

I am not for one to just give anyone my phone number. I thought that was the reason for PM? I only know a handful a people on here, but all and all, my meetings and dealings have been excellent, as seen by my feedback. It's about the Community and bringing like-minded people together. I have a few on my list that I wouldn't let lick the sweat off my nutsack if they were dying. I appreciate your reasoning. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom