• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Help me identify this AK!!!!

Just an educated guess at this point. I will have some more confirmed info for you later but right now I can tell you that I know for a fact that these numbers from Yugo kits correspond with these production dates. Also, your gun could have been a stamped gun before they demilled it.

Consider it an educated guess based on the following:

Bolt with #181052 from a 1983
Bolt with #506111 from a 1988
Bolt with #664790 from a 1990

very interesting, I'm also interested in possibility of it being stamped before demilled, lets hope google wont fail me this time

That is most likely a parts kit built on an ORF receiver. ORF receivers were known to have issues, and here is an article discussing overcoming the issues of the build for a UF or fixed stock. If I remember correctly, people either loved them or hated them. I am pretty sure either the owner or one of the owners died of cancer, and they shut the business down.

thanks for the link, and I did read some about various issues people had with ORF receivers. im anxious to get it to the range

Nevermind, I see you offloaded it on someone else today.

Not so quick to judge. This gun wasn't "off loaded" on anyone that wasn't fully aware of the situation. Not my info to disclose but I can say that the deal that was made on this gun was one of the most stand up moves I am aware of on the ODT. In a time when it seems that many are out to gouge I can attest to knowing some of the "good guys" on this forum.

Good to hear. OP, Did you ever get a chance to fire it? Anything that may or may not be wrong with that receiver are easy to fix. One of the more common problem is the bolt jumping the rails. Easy to solve with a buffer.

Good to hear. OP, Did you ever get a chance to fire it? Anything that may or may not be wrong with that receiver are easy to fix. One of the more common problem is the bolt jumping the rails. Easy to solve with a buffer.

Had the opportunity to fire about 2 magazines through it. The gun had initial problems cycling but after talking with seller about it he pointed me in the right direction, apparently gas block needed a good cleaning and afterwards it cycled fine. I read up quite a bit on links that batoncolle provided about ORF receiver issues, and relayed them back to seller, not from a refund standpoint, but from an AK expert to an AK noob seeking advice. He told me he believed the gun to be in excellent shape but that if I wasn't 100% satisfied that he would refund my money in full, one week after the fact! Now THAT is unheard of. The gun was never being "offloaded" onto anyone. It was in great shape when I posted the ad, and that prompted him to contact me to ask me if I was displeased. We were able to work out a separate deal that I believe benefits us both. Like Shane said, he made a supreme stand up move in a time where a lot of people are out to gouge and just make money. 100% honesty and integrity from seller, hands down.

Had the opportunity to fire about 2 magazines through it. The gun had initial problems cycling but after talking with seller about it he pointed me in the right direction, apparently gas block needed a good cleaning and afterwards it cycled fine. I read up quite a bit on links that batoncolle provided about ORF receiver issues, and relayed them back to seller, not from a refund standpoint, but from an AK expert to an AK noob seeking advice. He told me he believed the gun to be in excellent shape but that if I wasn't 100% satisfied that he would refund my money in full, one week after the fact! Now THAT is unheard of. The gun was never being "offloaded" onto anyone. It was in great shape when I posted the ad, and that prompted him to contact me to ask me if I was displeased. We were able to work out a separate deal that I believe benefits us both. Like Shane said, he made a supreme stand up move in a time where a lot of people are out to gouge and just make money. 100% honesty and integrity from seller, hands down.

Glad to hear it. That is a beautiful gun. It's a shame that ORF couldn't get their act together. They could have been a power player in the AK world.

Back
Top Bottom