• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help on a .22 rifle choice, Ruger or Marlin

I have a first year ( 1964 ) 10/22 & would not trade it for any new .22 . Never had any problems with any of my 10/22s . Even bought another today Still in the box from 1992 .

So much you can do to them . ( Not that they need it ).

Ruger! i got a 10/22 from my grandmother last year that she's had since 1971 and i put the first round through it about a month ago. 41 year old, round count...50.

I have sold all of my Ruger 10/22's and have 2 Marlin Model 60's. If you lose or misplace the magazine or it gets damaged, you have a single shot. It is less likely to damage a tube or lose it. I guess a lot of responses are from people that didn't read your post about keeping it pure stock and not modifying it. Rugers are fine, but Marlin is the most sold .22 in the US. The Marlin will shoot right out of the box more accurate than the Ruger. I find the "faster reloads" a joke, most people don't use a .22 for self defense or dangerous game so why the fast reload is important is lost on me. I guess they just like to hear it go bang and want to keep the noise going faster.....lol

IMO the people that are the most vocal about 10/22's are the ones that get excited about adding a bunch of junk to a gun and calling it "TACTICOOL". I bet they tore up their toys as a kid trying to make them better......The only modifications I make to a gun is a better scope or keeping it maintained well. Kinda like all the guys that buy Glocks, have all of the options added then sell it or trade it, they must not like it so much after they modified it.....

After much research and soul searching I have made a choice. I'm not going to be making any 200yd shots and I dont worry about SHTF and losing my mags. Resale value and plain old FUN is why I chose..............

The Ruger 10/22

[Broken External Image]:

Very good choice..I have two marlins. I like them both but I am building a 10-22 with a threaded target barrel. I am just not happy with the 100 yard grouping ive been getting out of my marlins.

I bought my 10/22 in 1972 and would'nt give it to my worst enemy or best friend, love it, unknown number of rounds and still looks good. Seems its gotten heavier over the years though. LOL

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom