• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help With - 2004 Polaris MSX150 Turbo Jetski - Bring back to life....

its not crap. it was made for servicing marine equipment

OP marvel mystery oil works good also

Its crap in a can. King of the snake oil.

Its naptha/IPA/light oil. Google the MSDS from 2010, before they changed the MSDS to protect trade secrets.

You know all the evil alcohol everyone is blaming for everything going wrong with gas powered equipment, especially marine engines, it's in Seafoam at about 10-20% by volume. Thats more alcohol by volume than what comes out of the pump. Slightly different chemical make up between IPA and fuel ethanol but its still alcohol and has all the negative properties.

Its crap in a can. King of the snake oil.

Its naptha/IPA/light oil. Google the MSDS from 2010, before they changed the MSDS to protect trade secrets.

You know all the evil alcohol everyone is blaming for everything going wrong with gas powered equipment, especially marine engines, it's in Seafoam at about 10-20% by volume. Thats more alcohol by volume than what comes out of the pump. Slightly different chemical make up between IPA and fuel ethanol but its still alcohol and has all the negative properties.

well its worked for me. before replacing parts and taking things apart
i try the easiest thing first. dont matter though. OP do what you see
fit and hope it works out for ya.

Thank you guys......I will give all comments a try.....and if there is a member here that has first hand experience or know of anyone that does on the Polaris', that would be great.

Was it running before it was put in storage ?

www.greenhulk.net is a amazing PWC forum that will be able to better guide you with your search for answers.

Unfortunately with the 110 and 150 you have the beginning design of a engine that the manufacturer gave up on after limited production. If you enjoy working on stuff, keep it. If not, you might want to try unloading it.

Was it running before it was put in storage ?

www.greenhulk.net is a amazing PWC forum that will be able to better guide you with your search for answers.

Unfortunately with the 110 and 150 you have the beginning design of a engine that the manufacturer gave up on after limited production. If you enjoy working on stuff, keep it. If not, you might want to try unloading it.

Thank you for the info....now if it doesn't rain this weekend, I maybe able to try some of the tips. If there is a Polaris tech/mech. out there with extra time on your hands, please let me know.....

Also check the engine compression numbers to see if it's even worth pursuing

Whenever you start it out of the water,always have it hooked up to the water hose. Otherwise you'll overheat and seize up the pump. You can find out more info from the repair manual

Back
Top Bottom