• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Here we go: 9mm vs. .45 ACP

"a 9 may or may not expand, a .45 will never shrink"

Now that is a saying that I will repeat over and over again. Thanks drtybykr, I will use that often. However, I have owned and do own 9's and 45's. As someone who does not carry a weapon because of my job, I go with the .45. While I think, and many others may think, that they are good shots, most of us aren't great shots. I want to render my attacker useless, and I believe the .45 give me the best shot at that because I am more accurate with my .45. I shoot them about the same, but just a better shot with my .45. Just my thoughts.

with ammo today i don't feel undergunned with either. i just make sure i use good hp's in 9mm cause it tends to overpenetrate. on the other hand with 45's i tend to use fmj's. big slow moving bullet. love em both.

yeah, i just shoot whatever, any defensive oriented pistol cartridge is a compromise anyway. shot placement is king with all cartridges. if you know its going down, grab a rifle........

9mm hands down. .45 acp doesn't posses " Stopping Power" like people say it does, NO pistol round does aside from magnum rounds. They both suck, 9mm is quicker follow up shots, more capacity, easier to find, cheaper to practice with, and travels faster bringing more kinetic energy with it.

Back
Top Bottom