• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

More info. Here's one for the suppressor experts. Update!

You may have a baffle strike, although you should be seeing similar issues with the supersonic ammo as well. Also some cans will have a cold bore POI shift, although not as drastic as you're talking about.

Shine a light down the can and see if you see any damage. Also what was your rate of fire?
No baffle strike and no damage to the can. Rate of fire was relatively slow. I was single round loading a bolt action.

I know that the oxygen in air will burn in a can (that's why the first round is often not as quiet as following rounds fired), but the theory is that the bullet is moving fast enough to outrun the burn, so it's not effected. Is it possible this detonation of the oxygen is what's causing this? Average MV is 1101fps.

Have you shot 300 BLK on a different rifle using this can?
Yes, but I had so many problems with malfunctions (AR15) that I never got to the point of doing any longer range accuracy testing. I've shot supersonic .223 and .308 out of the same can with no problems.

Shoot it wet and see what happens. I do not believe anything other than a baffle strike can cause that much deflection.
You cannot easily see a very light strike on one of the mid baffles.

Shoot it wet and see what happens. I do not believe anything other than a baffle strike can cause that much deflection.
You cannot easily see a very light strike on one of the mid baffles.
My first thought was also a baffle strike, but I'm sure it is not. When the can is full of gas it is 100% accurate and consistent. When it has clean air in it, it's 100% erratic and POI is radically different. The only difference is what the can is filled with at the time.

Back
Top Bottom