• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

More info. Here's one for the suppressor experts. Update!

I'm gonna have to do some shooting now. Bear, can you send me a few hundred rounds? I'm gonna have to shoot my .300WM, .300 Blckout, and .308's to see if my suppressor shoots to different POI with first shot vs follow up shots.
And it's your fault Bear. :cool:
Hey, more trigger time is a good thing.

You're welcome.

Don’t mention to AAC that you’ve shot 223 through it. I own a cyclone and was told specifically not to shoot 223 out of it.

I don’t know why, doesn’t make any sense but when I questioned it they just repeated tyt I should not do it.
Maybe the alloys they used in the can can't handle .223 velocity and pressure?

I am 90% certain you are getting a baffle strike. I don't know how many people I have seen with strikes, that can't see anything wrong inside the can or endcap. Sometimes you cannot see it at all. All it takes is the smallest touch to deflect it. If we were talking about inches here, it could be something else, but if you are off by feet, that round is highly likely touching something on its way out.

I am 90% certain you are getting a baffle strike. I don't know how many people I have seen with strikes, that can't see anything wrong inside the can or endcap. Sometimes you cannot see it at all. All it takes is the smallest touch to deflect it. If we were talking about inches here, it could be something else, but if you are off by feet, that round is highly likely touching something on its way out.

I had a baffle strike recently. Didn’t touch the end cap and took me forever to find the strike internally.

If it's a baffle strike, then why does it only and always happen when I'm shooting subsonics with fresh air in the can and no other time?

If it's a baffle strike, then why does it only and always happen when I'm shooting subsonics with fresh air in the can and no other time?
I see you are shooting at 100y with no keyhole. Can you try at 25y and tell me if it keyholes.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I had a muzzle brake that would do this on one of my AR10's. Pie plate at 25 yards was average. Removed brake and have shot suppressed and it is fine. My only guess was that it was coming so close to something in the brake that it was effecting the bullet path. Never saw a strike; but don't use that brake on my AR anymore. As far as cold cans; not really is an issue I have seen except that they are louder until you burn out the air.
Have you tried shooting compressed air in the can before shooting it cold to remove air?

I had endcap strikes that were just ever so slightly grazing the end cap, with lower velocity ammo it would group terribly, but with higher velocity ammo it would tighten up.

Have you checked it with an alignment rod?

Back
Top Bottom