• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

High blood pressure and Brazilian snake venom

I had some issues and was told to try strictly water and it really helped me. They say 95 percent of Americans are chronically dehydrated which exacerbates bad blood pressure . Force water all day. Carry a gallon jug around .

This is unusual. First of all I AM NOT A DOCTOR, but I read a lot of medical records in my career and the one thing they do in hospital to RAISE a person's BP is to "force fluids" sometimes orally, but more often via IV of saline solution. Again, I ain't a doctor, but this seems contrary to what I know.

Now I also know that a majority of folks...in general, regardless of BP readings, are dehydrated and most of us could stand to drink more water on a daily basis. This is why you go to a doctor, to figure out what is right for you.

Have you thought about giving up gluten? I did three years ago, I lost over 50 lbs, and a lot of nagging health issues went away. Gluten problems can cause over 300 medical issues. It is estimated that 30% or more of the population has gluten issues and don't know it, it is based on genetics. I am 65, my bp is 120/80 every time I take it. I take 0 medications. There are 4 really bad genes that can cause you to experience gluten problems, genetic testing showed I have all 4, got 2 from my father, and 2 from my mother. Wheat has been genetically modified since the 1950's. and cancer, diabetics, weight issues have all been on the rise since then as well. Coincidence?

I brought this “Snake Wine” back from Vietnam. It has a cobra, a scorpion, some crab looking legs and is used to treat “Rheumatism, lumbago and Sweat of Limbs” twice a day each a smallcap before meal. They had it in large jarsand would ladle you out a shot. It tastes like saki but with a weird after taste.
C1558A34-75A6-49BF-98EB-A042365B1976.jpeg
A806010E-FEF6-4480-B326-9B35DBE37B6C.jpeg

I brought this “Snake Wine” back from Vietnam. It has a cobra, a scorpion, some crab looking legs and is used to treat “Rheumatism, lumbago and Sweat of Limbs” twice a day each a smallcap before meal. They had it in large jarsand would ladle you out a shot. It tastes like saki but with a weird after taste.
View attachment 2273236 View attachment 2273240
FS/FT? Trade value lol?

Have you thought about giving up gluten? I did three years ago, I lost over 50 lbs, and a lot of nagging health issues went away. Gluten problems can cause over 300 medical issues. It is estimated that 30% or more of the population has gluten issues and don't know it, it is based on genetics. I am 65, my bp is 120/80 every time I take it. I take 0 medications. There are 4 really bad genes that can cause you to experience gluten problems, genetic testing showed I have all 4, got 2 from my father, and 2 from my mother. Wheat has been genetically modified since the 1950's. and cancer, diabetics, weight issues have all been on the rise since then as well. Coincidence?
I don't even really know what gluten is or what foods to avoid...

View attachment 2272793
Some of you will be happy to know I went to the doctor about the BP issue and reluctantly started a new BP medication (Losartan) about 10 days ago. I also made appt for full physical in am based on bloodwork I had done last week. Oh, and I also made first available appt with my cardiologist at the end of this month! Do I get a gold star?
However, in the meantime, could the ODT medical group tell me what the hell this little thingy is on the back of my knee ? My wife just saw it and asked “WTH is that? I have been working outside and the chiggers have been eating me up...but I hadn’t seen this...
I recently had a bite like that for the 3rd time in my life. I think it happened while clearing some brush out in the back yard. It was a brown recluse spider. It is not painful and the light part is the bite itself. Go to the doctor and get a prescription for an antibiotic. The bite causes a staph infection. Leaving it untreated can be serious and result in severe tissue damage. Look up the bite on google.

Thanks ODT brothers who have offered helpful suggestions. I know that stress is adding as much to my BP problems as much as my weight and lack of exercise. I have been through the doctor suggestions and honestly it seems they are more interested in pushing drugs than anything. I know what I have to do but I just wanted to hear others stories of what has worked for them. I value real life success stories as much (or more) than a doctor just recommending the new drug.
I am sickened by all the new drug commercials on TV commercials where the side effects are mentioned in hushed, hurried tones at the end while people are shown all healthy and happy.
My dad was killed with an overdose of cumadin (rat poison) and I am just very wary of drug side effects.
I have drank 128 oz of water today and ate only healthy food. My goal tomorrow is some light exercise (long walk) and avoiding white bread, sugar and salt.
I don't mean to offend anyone in the medical field...I am just not sure that drugs are always the best solution and I am looking for homeopathic and natural alternatives to add to a diet/exercise program.
Again, thanks for all the concern and kind words.

I know that if I exercise and go on low carb diet that my bp will go down. It has before. But I am not too good at sticking with that...no excuses but its a fact. I am under LOTS of stress with several issues that I won't go into here...but it's constant stress and has been there for a couple of years now.
What I am wondering is if the ads I see on Facebook about "The Blood Pressure Solution" are worth investigating...or what other natural foods/supplements will help lower my bp.

Lionheart, you seem like a nice guy from the your posts I've seen here so I'm going to try to help you out. Note I'm not a doctor but there was one that posted in this thread (hint: it's not one of the guys recommending supps/keto). It's a really easy to make the assumption that doctors are just looking to push pills but try to think of it from their perspective. You said it yourself in the second highlighted section, you (like many of us) aren't good at sticking with healthy eating habits/exercising so pills are a necessity. It's just the way it is when the recommendations of eat healthier/exercise are falling of sicker and deafer ears.

Now here is my advice for you.

Find out the WHY that's driving your desire to adopt a healthier lifestyle. Maybe it's a child/grandchild/SO/pet that you want to be able to spend more time with. Try to think of the healthy habits moving you in this way rather than a punishment for the shape you are in right now. Second, just because a product is "natural" does not mean it is safe or effective. Many of those supplements can have adverse effects when taken with prescriptions. So please discuss it with a doctor before buying because of a sales pitch( that's what it is) or some dumbdumb on ODT. If you are looking for the REAL natural solution it's a consistent diet and exercise program. Not some goofy oil sold by your neighbor on facebook marketplace.

Look, just start small. Every day doesn't have to be lettuce wraps and salmon salads with 3 almonds on the side. Switch the soda for a water every other time to start then every time. Eat fruit before treats then instead of treats. Purchase/use smaller plates to help limit portion size. Walk after meals and try to take the stairs if you can. These aren't crazy asks of you but over time they can really help you shed the weight when they are all done.

Lastly, seek help for stress management. I've not going to dive to deeply into this but try to find a way to relax. Maybe it's a hobby or talking things through with loved ones or whatever. If none of those seem to be helping enough consider seeing a therapist to just debrief about whats going on. I know there can be a stigma about mental health stuff but it can really help and it doesn't mean you are weak. Would you rather take the car(you) to the shop for maintenance(easy) or have to do a very expensive repair when things go neglected too long?

Summarizing this for you:

1. Pills are needed because most people have a hard time changing their lifestyle
2. Finding out the WHY you want to change will make it easier
3. Just because it is "natural" doesn't mean it's good or even healthy
4. Begin with the easiest step possible so you don't get burnt out
5. Consider strategies/assistance for stress management

Hope this helps and great job making those appointments with the docs.

Then you are a lucky man...everybody reacts differently I guess. But the Lisinopril is basically diluted Brazilian snake venom.
In an undiluted dose it attacks the bronchial tubes and can cause death...but it also dilates the blood vessels to speed the venom through the system. That's why it reduces bp.

Damn! I just learned something

I quit taking bp meds 10 years ago. About 5 years ago I could tell that my BP was high again. Went to a Chinese Medicine doctor who told me he could treat my BP with herbs, within 3 days hi BP gone..been taking herbal remedy ever since. No pharmacuticals for me..poison to the body..just like alcohol.

Back
Top Bottom