• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

High Power Matches within 2hrs of ATL

Question. RBCG : 3x600 HP match is all prone on the 600 yard line? So all three stages from 600...what in the world is everyone shooting super heavies? 80 Grain .223? Anyone shoot .308? 30.06? ( M1A or Garand) My .308 garand can drill 600 yards.[/QUOT
You can shoot ARs M1s M1As 1903s. Your .308 Garand would be a good one.
The match is 3 20 round strings with unlimited sighters.

Question. RBCG : 3x600 HP match is all prone on the 600 yard line? So all three stages from 600...what in the world is everyone shooting super heavies? 80 Grain .223? Anyone shoot .308? 30.06? ( M1A or Garand) My .308 garand can drill 600 yards.
Yes to all:
--everyone shooting 223 is shooting 77gr-81gr bullets
--M1A & Garands are allowed, Service Rifle Division
Check-In/Signup at 8am, safety Brief at 8:45am, shooting 9am, usually over by 2pm.
3 relays with pit rotation
Each shooter will shoot 3 times with pit rotation and scoring to allow rest between strings.
--20 shots for record(unlimited sighters) in 25min
Shooters may shoot in different divisions for each relay:

Come shoot, it's a blast, any rifle capable of shooting 600yrds is allowed.
Match Director will tell you which division you are in.

This format is great for PRS Practice.
NRA Rules: NO Suppressors or Muzzle Breaks.
Club Rules: Suppressors allowed(out-of-competition, no awards), No Muzzle Breaks.

NRA Mid-Range Divisions:
Unsupported/Sling
-Service Rifle
-Any Rifle, Iron Sights
-Any Rifle, Any Sight
Supported(i.e. bipods & sandbags)
-F-Class Open
-F-Class F-TR
-Tactical AR
more info: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/t...ds-match-monthy-at-rbgc.1666225/#post-8129495
M1A 200yrd Match March 2nd: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/m1a-match-dawsonville-ga-sat-march-2nd.1888609/

I think I'm going to attend the Rifleman's Weekend this year.
I've done it twice before, with my M1 Garand, and once with my brother's M1 Carbine.
This year, I'll be in the modified vintage rifle class, using a somewhat sporterized 03-A3 Springfield with a 2-groove barrel bobbed to 18" and with a hooded globe front sight that uses interchangeable inserts. The rear sight is the standard military peep, though.
SD532489.JPG
03-A3 right side.JPG

I'm not shooting HP regularly, but I did the Rifleman's Weekend, in the Vintage Fun Match.
The heat wasn't so bad. They had a bunch of picnic shelter tents set up on the firing line. Although a few gusts of wind blew some of them over. That had to be distracting for people who were shooting at the time!
I didn't like working the bolt on that old Springfield 03-A3 when most others were shooting semi-autos, mostly Garands with a few M1 Carbines. There were two other bolt guns on the firing line out of the 2 relays I could see, and one "straight pull" bolt action, which is naturally must faster and easier to use when in a sling.
I was pressed for time and had to rush my shots, pulling the trigger when I knew the sights were imperfect.

Back
Top Bottom