• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

High school parking lot…..

I started working after school at 12 yrs old and held a full time job (40 hrs)my junior and senior yr, I wrote a chk for my first car with my own money. I am no fortunate son....

Makes you wonder as I see lot of us started early in life. What makes one a 'fortunate' son?

Bought a 1969 torino with a 351 worked cropping tobacco and loading water melons and worked in a saw mill paid cash, bright white with black accent stripes on the sides best car I ever owned, put some 6x9 mind blower speakers and a pioneer super tuner 8 track. My girlfriend's dad use to say here comes that boy again......good ole days.......

1970 Ford F100 Custom, 302, three on the tree, bench seat, 260 air conditioning (2 windows down, 60 miles per hour), am radio but I did put in a 8 track player and even a CB radio. Earned the money for that digging post holes. Of course the truck was the same one I used working on our farm and delivering feed and seed for local supplier.
Damn, I miss that truck! Forgot to mention as I assumed it was obvious. There was a gun rack with a gun in it...even parked in the high school parking lot. Guess I'd be getting arrested for that these days!

Also, I dated my wife in that truck. Still have the wife. Wish I had kept the truck too!

I drove my parent's gigantic 1972 Buick Estate Wagon (with the big 455 V-8) to/from high school for almost a year in the early 80s, then started driving my mom's 1977 Audi Fox. It had a manual 5-speed and was FWD. For some odd reason, the clutch and front tires wore out prematurely. Couldn't have been from dropping the clutch doing burnouts, huh?
Let's not forget those panel vans with airbrushed art on the sides and shag carpet and beds inside.

Attachments

• 1977 Audi Fox.jpg
    1977 Audi Fox.jpg
    317.1 KB · Views: 0
I drove my parent's gigantic 1972 Buick Estate Wagon (with the big 455 V-8) to/from high school for almost a year in the early 80s, then started driving my mom's 1977 Audi Fox. It had a manual 5-speed and was FWD. For some odd reason, the clutch and front tires wore out prematurely. Couldn't have been from dropping the clutch doing burnouts, huh?
Let's not forget those panel vans with airbrushed art on the sides and shag carpet and beds inside.
Buick 455 for the win

Back
Top Bottom