• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hisense Dehumidifier- Look at what their Customer Service told me to do!

I’m on my 3rd HOmeLabs dehumidifier now in 2yrs. 3rd one just had a the same coils freezing issue as the first two. Customer service has been great as I’ve only paid for the original one but now out of warranty.

Who can recommend a good one! I’m sick of these POS! Used in my partially finished basement that’s about 1700sq’ that I like to keep below 50%

Try this....more expensive, but probably worth it in the long run.

1692672297259.png

I bought this monster on sale. 1800 sq ft basement with 11 ft ceilings. It is loud but doesn’t run much

Sleavon Large 210 Pint Commercial Grade Dehumidifier with 6.56ft Drain Hose, with Handle and Washable Filter - 24 Hr Timer Ideal for Large Basements, Industrial and Job Sites up to 7500 Sq. Ft https://a.co/d/dmAQTCl

I saw the other day where the Chinese maker of GE and a bunch of other big box/Amazon brands of dehumidifiers was fined for not recalling them after they started fires. I think they're sending out recall notices now... on dehumidifiers they quit selling in 2016.

I think everyone on this thread knows how many of those units are still operating today. : )

Get another smoke detector while you are at it! Preferable a networked one.

I bought this monster on sale. 1800 sq ft basement with 11 ft ceilings. It is loud but doesn’t run much

Sleavon Large 210 Pint Commercial Grade Dehumidifier with 6.56ft Drain Hose, with Handle and Washable Filter - 24 Hr Timer Ideal for Large Basements, Industrial and Job Sites up to 7500 Sq. Ft https://a.co/d/dmAQTCl
How do you like it so far? My basement is about the same as yours and I e gone through 3 of the crap ones in 2 1/2yrs. Need to get a good one this time!

How do you like it so far? My basement is about the same as yours and I e gone through 3 of the crap ones in 2 1/2yrs. Need to get a good one this time!
Working great. Not quiet. I was able to get humidity down to 33% at one point

doesnt have a pump but set it up to drain to hvac condensation pump

i need to put the meter on it to see how much it costs per month

Not sure if this was resolved but I had a similar issue.

Turns out on mine you need a plug to stop draining into bucket, then it will divert through hose.

Back
Top Bottom