HK.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackRifler42

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
151   0
Reaction score
I won't lie, I've been patiently checking USPS tracking every day until today. I ordered the H&K Epidemic OTF from Blade HQ last week and got it today. I have recently gotten into knives and in the past 2 months I have managed to pick up a super cool CRKT, Damascus Skyline, Ligntning OTF, Benchmade Mini Grip, and this is my latest and favorite.

Essentially it's an HK Edipemic/Benchmade OTF(made by Benchmade) under $200. It's a single edge spear point blade out of D2 steel made in the USA. I would love an Infidel but cannot spend that much so this was a dream come true when I found this knife! It fires just like an Infidel and the fit and finish is near perfect. The red firing button is growing on me and the only thing I really don't care for is the design of the handle/body......which is not a big deal at all.

It's such a great knife for the price that I may order a second soon with the black coating. Anyways, here's pics......

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Been jonesin' for one ever since Soviet mentioned his. I love the springs Benchmade/Hk put in their OTF's! Friday, I'm getting a black tumult which is essentially the Same thing as the epidemic, just different design/texturing on the scales. Couldn't pass it up! Got a heck of a deal on it! Lemme know how it holds up!
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_07_08_yvahyten.jpg

Last edited:
Been jonesin' for one ever since Soviet mentioned his. I love the springs Benchmade/Hk put in their OTF's! Friday, I'm getting a black tumult which is essentially the Same thing as the epidemic, just different design/texturing on the scales. Couldn't pass it up! Got a heck of a deal on it! Lemme know how it holds up!
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_07_08_yvahyten.jpg

I figured you'd chime in. I saw the Tumult but I wanted the spear point blade so I went with the Epidemic. I'm very impressed so far with the fit and finish. I'm def gonna use it and see how it does.

I figured you'd chime in. I saw the Tumult but I wanted the spear point blade so I went with the Epidemic. I'm very impressed so far with the fit and finish. I'm def gonna use it and see how it does.

Lol just a Sucker for knives! I wish the tumult had that blade style as well. I have a BNIB benchmade infidel. If I ever think of letting it go, ill let you know! :cool: if your getting hooked like I did, start looking Into getting your own sharpener and learning techniques. I freaked out when I first started but, A little time and patience is all it takes! I put a mirror polished edge on one of my microtech's yesterday and you can see a reflection on It!

Last edited:
Lol just a Sucker for knives! I wish the tumult had that blade style as well. I have a BNIB benchmade infidel. If I ever think of letting it go, ill let you know! :cool: if your getting hooked like I did, start looking Into getting your own sharpener and learning techniques. I freaked out when I first started but, A little time and patience is all it takes! I put a mirror polished edge on one of my microtech's yesterday and you can see a reflection on It!

I picked up a Spyderco Sharpmaker. Used it once and you're right, I'm gonna have to practice.....

I picked up a Spyderco Sharpmaker. Used it once and you're right, I'm gonna have to practice.....

Lol that's one of the best! I am by no means an expert just a amateur but, there are 1000's of ways to sharpen a knife. The harder steels will hold and edge longer but, don't let them get dull! They can be harder to get back to "razor". The easiest way I have found is not to let them get dull. Everyday I used my knife, I "strop" it 10-20 times and it stays hair poppin' sharp!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom