Hog Hunting for free/cheap?

Amorrenzin

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
36   1
Reaction score
Is there anywhere I can hunt hogs for free? My friends and I are a team of experienced hunters and we were wondering if there were any places that would allow us to come on their land (maybe a farm?) and hunt for free/ less than $50?

Fort Benning, you have to have a "sponsor" or be military or retired military. Look on the Fort Benning Hunting website for all the info and regulations. I swear its the best hog hunting in the state. The entire post is WMA for deer, and there are some huge racks running around.

My Avatar pic is a hog I shot out there.

Not sure where your located. Fort Stewart charges $70 for a year permit. Kill all the hogs you can handle. I've taken 35 this year.
Fort Benning charges the same and I killed 70 there last year.
I bet you or none of your family ever have to buy pork in a grocery store. That's alot of chitlins.

Fort Benning, you have to have a "sponsor" or be military or retired military. Look on the Fort Benning Hunting website for all the info and regulations. I swear its the best hog hunting in the state. The entire post is WMA for deer, and there are some huge racks running around.

My Avatar pic is a hog I shot out there.
Good to know. Now I want to go...
http://www.benningmwr.com/hunting-and-fishing/

Who is authorized to hunt or fish on the installation?
  • U.S. military active duty and retired personnel
  • Veterans with a service connected disability of not less than 30 percent
  • Medal of Honor recipients
  • Current or retired full-time Department of Defense civilian employees
  • Federal civilian employees working full-time or equivalent status on Fort Benning and retired federal civilian employees who were employed at Fort Benning immediately prior to retirement
  • National Guardsmen and Reservists on active status
  • Surviving spouses of military personnel who possess a valid dependent ID
  • Foreign military personnel assigned to Fort Benning
  • Primary dependents of sponsors
  • Guests, provided they obtain a Fort Benning guest permit. Anyone who is 18 years or older may sponsor up to three guests per day to hunt or fish on Fort Benning. There is no limit to the number of guests an individual may sponsor in a year, but no more than three one time.

Back
Top Bottom