• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Hog Hunting

CliffB

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
74   0
Reaction score
So the past few days i have been researching hog hunting in Georgia and have come up with South Ga, Charlie Elliot WMA and Warwoman WMA. Now my issue is the idea of paying $600 per person to hunt a feral neusance animal. Now i understand the all inclusive trips where the $600 covers your room for the night, the guided hunt and the dressing of your kill. My grandmother lives in middle/south Georgia and there have always been feral hogs roaming about destroying crops and people love for you to remove them from the property. My biggest questions are how hard is it to hunt on a WMA where you cannot hunt at night and you cannot set up bait. Also how good is the meat for consumption? My wife hates pork so whatever i kill would probably be made into chops and the rest given away. Has anyone on here ever hunted around Warwoman and what's the level of difficulty? I'm wanting to take the AR-15 out to play. Thanks for any help.

WMA's are meh semi-good you have to find them they are usually nocturnal so spot & stalk. Also follow all WMA rules if it's small game season dont be on the WMA with your AR15 unless it shoots 22LR. OK during rifle deer season as thats what is in "season" big game. Another is Ft Stewart lots of hogs but you'll hike a whole lot.
Yeah it's hard to understand the wailing and crying about how much crop damage hogs do, how much damage to golf course, how much natural habitat and killing of anything that wont eat them. Then expect payment to help with the problem... big payment in my book. I'm not talking about guided hunts that a business as far as I see. I'm speaking of farmers complaining, sub divisions with hogs running wild, golf course supervisors, even hunt clubs that wont offer a "Hog Only" membership....,
I know preaching to the choir

That's my thing. If someone wants help clearing a field of hug i will suit up and lets go clean em up but then don't turn and ask me for $500 for helping with the problem.

I would run into the same mentality in PA looking for Ground Hog fields. landowners would complain about the ground hogs tearing up fields and having livestock step in a hole breaking a leg and on the other hand refuse permission to hunt. I know many times it was some slob hunter that ruined a farmers idea of hunting.
Got to wind down.. BP is up:p

I'm heading up to CNF in Blue Ridge next weekend and rifle season opens up the day before. May just have the AR on the backseat in case one wanders out.

Let me know if you want to do something. I don't mind going with someone. I'm up for some WMA hunting and such.

Haven't seen much in the way of hogs up at Warwoman.

They seem to be running south of a line through Clarkesville to Toccoa.

We have them bigtime over the last 2 years in Franklin and Banks county.

Call Grandma and get her to set you up with some folks needing help with the hogs.

Back
Top Bottom