Home invasion scenario.

this is formula for fail. why only one firearm? gotta have lots and lots, at least three in your bedroom.

We can call them the "georgia reload" :cool:

This. I can understand if one is all you can afford, but I'd rather make being sufficiently armed a priority over other stuff. I'd skip other stuff and build up my collection. We have a lot more than we probably need, but guns are fun too. We have them on all three floors and then multiples in the master bedroom. Chances are, if someone is coming in, they'll do it in the middle of the night, so it just makes sense. And I keep my EDC by the front door when I'm at home by myself during the day in case any trouble happens upon my front door. I'm in East Cobb and we've had a good bit of scammers working in tandem recently in the afternoons.

I'm pretty small frame and personally, I'd rather not rely on any hand to hand combat or knife or anything else like that if I can help it. You gotta do what you gotta do, but I feel better knowing I'm always close to a firearm.

12ga under the bed

THIS^^^

Your probably not gonna have to worry about the second intruder, after that first shot his ass is a mile up the road by now

PROLLY

You mean some people have just one gun on their night stand?

I'm with ya. 357mag in the drawer.

IDK if it has been said here already, but...

FIX YOUR GUN. What has caused it to be inoperable? Malfunction? Part breakage?

Get your gun back in the fight!

Clear the jam!!

Look...the realist readers of this post are probably way ahead of the curve here. They will have a good order firearm at arms length at any given time, and they probably have enough knowledge about it to clear a jam,or get it back in battery pretty quick; and most will have another weapon close at hand regardless. If the readers here do not already own a dog that goes striped ape crazy at the least sound in the night, then the wife does it for you. Personally, I live so far from a paved road or any traffic, any sound that is not natural wakes me up! And there I am...Glock in one hand, D-cell LED Maglight in the other...most anything that wakes me up though is usually a opssum, coon, bear, coyotes or foxes.BUT...let's say that there are two hoplophobes rummaging through my wife's antique silver and I am forced to dispatch one of these invaders on self defense...the other will probably be a victim of collateral damage, thereby disposing the need for any further discussion with the authorities; they will be there to pick up the pieces. Living far from the conveniences of quick response law enforcement (10 minutes average...where I live it could be 30 minutes or more) but...long law enforcement responses will dictate the necessity of self reliance, and the goblins understand this very well; this translates into a better informed goblin that knows his chances of being injured (read SHOT) while invading a mans home while that man is present...those chances are increased by a number that increases exponentially by each mile from the city limit.

My EDC goes in my nightstand where three loaded mags keep it company.....my boom stick is under the bed with a full 7 rounds in the gun and 6 more velcroed to the receiver.

If the fight takes me out of the bed room then I will pick up other goodies I have stashed a long the way......If I get to the AK's those criminals are in for one ****ty evening.

Edit: There would NEVER be only one firearm in my home.

Last edited:
Remember no other firearms,just household goods.And your training background.

With no other firearm, I barricade myself in the bedroom and call the police. There is nothing in my downstairs I can't live without, and I'm not going to go down there with my junk in my hand to find out the other two guys have a gun and they shoot me.

this is assuming my glock cannot be fixed or jam cleared. I keep an AK in the bedroom also, so this scenario wouldn't really apply to me.
Those intruders are going to have to get past both of my dogs too.

Last edited:
Assuming my "glawk 9" doesn't work, first thing I'd do is RACK the slide, showing them I at least have one, then give a verbal warning, being aggressive, assertive, and alpha as ****. Let them know you're not scared, let them know they broke into the wrong house. Find a blunt or sharp object to hit them with, pistol whip them if you have to, but don't sit there and cower.

Make them think they broke into your house while you were on PCP, go ape **** crazy and start screaming " WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" as if you've been awaiting for this to happen for years now.

Back
Top Bottom