Home invasion scenario.

Assuming my "glawk 9" doesn't work, first thing I'd do is RACK the slide, showing them I at least have one, then give a verbal warning, being aggressive, assertive, and alpha as ****. Let them know you're not scared, let them know they broke into the wrong house. Find a blunt or sharp object to hit them with, pistol whip them if you have to, but don't sit there and cower.

Make them think they broke into your house while you were on PCP, go ape **** crazy and start screaming " WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" as if you've been awaiting for this to happen for years now.

Good training,practice,practice and more practice learning your edc.

Most of us here are very familiar with firearms especially our every day carry.I started this thread thinking about people that by a firearm,throw it on the bedroom nightstand and never take the time too really learn the weapon.

I've read in the news where home invasions are happening daily,even here in Cartersville. IMO every family should have a plan of action in case this happens.Seems criminals case a place out before hitting.Always check your neighborhood street out.If you live in a rural setting like me dogs will give you a good warning.Alarm system is a must in high crime areas.A safe room would be a nice addition.

There is no reason to expose yourself to the second intruder by leaving your bedroom. The first one asked for it when he came in the bedroom door. You don't know first of all how many there are, secondly, you already occupy the only secure area in the home now. If you leave your bedroom with or without a weapon, you are at a serious situation to place yourself in an ambush position. I would secure the bedroom door as best I could, listen to whats going on in the home. I, myself, would exit the bedroom through an exterior window and observe from the outside (given the bedroom is ground level). There is no possession in your home worth your life unless you have family members in another part of the home. The only time force should be used is to meet force itself, the force you would be meeting must endanger yourself or a third party. An insurance adjuster can buy you new stuff. Just my opinion.

There is no reason to expose yourself to the second intruder by leaving your bedroom. The first one asked for it when he came in the bedroom door. You don't know first of all how many there are, secondly, you already occupy the only secure area in the home now. If you leave your bedroom with or without a weapon, you are at a serious situation to place yourself in an ambush position.

This. Property can be replaced, lives cannot. Hopefully you've already gotten your loved ones into the only secure area of the house and they're in a relatively safe place out of the most likely lines of fire. Assuming you still have a functioning weapon, get in a position to drop intruder #2 as soon as he crosses the door frame.

Last edited:
Are you sure you've thought your cunning plan all the way through? :)

You must have never met my wife. Although pleasant to most, she is mean to the bone when you make her mad. She truly enjoys payback, especially when she can cause pain. I learned a long time ago not to get between her and her aggression. BTW, she's 5' even and packs an M9. I wasn't kidding about the weapons training. I was about the pink machete, it's a black Ontario.

Last edited:
You must have never met my wife. Although pleasant to most, she is mean to the bone when you make her mad. She truly enjoys payback, especially when she can cause pain. I learned a long time ago not to get between her and her aggression. BTW, she's 5' even and packs an M9. I wasn't kidding about the weapons training. I was about the pink machete, it's a black Ontario.

My husband has learned the same lesson!

Haha, I'm not questioning her ability. I think I have an instinctive fear of angry women with large knives.

Back
Top Bottom