• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Honda Element or Ford Ranger?

Madrox

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Fancy Man of Cornwood
476   1
Reaction score
I just had my car totaled in Wednesday and am looking at cars. I really like the Honda Element, but also like the idea of a Ford Ranger extended cab.

If you have one of either, chime in in what you like and what you don't like about it! Help me make a decision. Mainly looking at 98 and newer rangers.

Don't know about that old of a Ranger, but after I got the Tacoma extended cab I realized unlike the Ranger, it is big enough to put your gear, and your wife in the back seat. If she really gets on your case, you can throw her in the truck's bed. With the Element, she'll keep crawling back up front.:confused:

I've owned three Honda Elements. My first two Elements I've sold to my daughters as they got older and my girls needed reliable cars, and they still drive them. Both have over 250000+ on them now and are still going strong. The Element I drive now has 155,000 with out a hiccup. The pros, easy to clean, a lot of room for long trips.You can open the doors and blow it out with a leaf blower after the beach.Seats lay flat and lift out of the way, this makes enough room to put a washer and dryer behind the drivers seat. You can lay all the seats flat and use them to sleep on like a mattress.It's the swiss army knife of cars.The cons, they have a blind spot as big as Montana, when the wind blows hard you fight it to stay on the road. As you can tell I'm a big fan of the Element.
I had a 2004 Ranger that I had to have the trasmission rebult at 95,000 . I gave it to my son and he drove it while in college for four years without any problems.But you can't beat a Honda for quality.

I wish the Elements were as easy and inexpensive as the Rangers. I would like the Element to be Awd, or the ranger to be 4x4. I drove a Civic for a while, and would like the extra room either in the bed, or hatch. I have a hook up on Honda parts, so it is in the lead, but I may not have the cash to get one.

The Civic I was driving got totaled on Wednesday. I should be hearing from the adjuster on Monday to get the ball rolling. I cannot see it not being totaled. Hopefully I will get a decent amount back to get something worthwhile.

Last edited:
its all what you need/want. i bought a riding mower today at
a yard sale threw it in the back of my truck. cant do that
with a civic. anyways ranger 2.3 is a pretty handy dandy
fuel efficient reliable truck. i like honda but i need a truck.

Back
Top Bottom