• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hornady 308 loading data

Ole Murph

Default rank <1500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
135   0
Reaction score
Ok. I have misplaced my hornady reloading book and I was planning on reloading some 168 grain AMAX rounds tonight and now my plans are foiled. Does anyone have the loading data? I guess I am going to have to get another book because mine has disappeared. Can someone post a pic of the loading data. The help would be mucho appreciated.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361838857.128523.jpg
Did this work

You might also check the Nosler or Sierra load data for most accurate load tested or accuracy loads. they are usually a great place to start when developing a new load. The a max is a really long bullet with a short bearing surface so pressure shouldn't be a problem. I have had mixed results with different rifles using the a max but my 700 VSF ,LR308 and 10 precision carbine shoot em better than many others I've tried. My 700CDL, 110s and 116s don't shoot em well at all.

The A Max have shot great for me. My previous 24" Rem 5R would stack them. I haven't tried them in the 20" one I have now.

Reloader 15 has produced some great rounds, though I use a lot of Varget too.

I ain't overly fond of plastic tip bullets to begin with, seems a waste of space to me, but most of my turnbolt target loads never enter a magazine anyway.

I spoon feed them one at a time.

Back
Top Bottom