• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hornady AP Press 095100

Cmax Arms

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
2   0
Reaction score
I have to get a Hornady progressive press part# 095100 (wanted Dillon but have gift cert for a place that does not carry Dillon)I have a couple of questions for you AP guy's;
I have just ordered the AP press #095100. Is there a strong mount available for it?
Will the AP press mount in the same holes that I mount the Pacific single stage press 00-7?
Is there a bullet feeder that is a tube only?(die + tube w/o hopper)? I want to manually load a tube with bullets and not use a hopper..is that possible?

any advice on extras that I should get or about anything would be great! thanks Cmax

I have to get a Hornady progressive press part# 095100 (wanted Dillon but have gift cert for a place that does not carry Dillon)I have a couple of questions for you AP guy's;
I have just ordered the AP press #095100. Is there a strong mount available for it?
Will the AP press mount in the same holes that I mount the Pacific single stage press 00-7?
Is there a bullet feeder that is a tube only?(die + tube w/o hopper)? I want to manually load a tube with bullets and not use a hopper..is that possible?

any advice on extras that I should get or about anything would be great! thanks Cmax

http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/hornady-bullet-feeder-die-tubes.642120/#post-4208247

Do you NEED a strong mount? I would set up on the bench first and determine if one would even be desirable.
Bullet feeders have one problem--they can block you ability to view the charge in the case before placing a bullet on the charged case--not a good idea of safety and not a good idea for a beginner.
I would really recommend that, unless you are already very familiar with loading on a progressive, that you learn on the standard set-up and get comfortable before going further.

The addition of a powder cop die alleviates any potential problems caused by not eyeballing the case after charging.

Not necessarily. I use a powder cop on my LnL AP and in my current .45 loads (AA#2) there is little or no difference in the indicator between a charged and empty shell. Most of this is due to such a small charge of powder in the case, but the powder itself is fine grained and is pushed out of the way by the plunger quite frequently.

Back
Top Bottom