• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hospital charges - friggin redonkulos !!

I can laugh now, but I was pissed when I was handed an itemized bill for a total of 800k and had almost 40k worth of bs that I didn’t receive, need or ask for
WOW!!. Thank God for insurance. I won the lottery when I had my heart attack. And yes medical cost is way out of control. That's my most expensive expense, that and taxes

743y97.jpg

Our CNO always said it was 4k on the floor for a room. Just the room. No nursing staff, doctors, medication,etc. Since every pill is scanned for “safety” to each person. They recently have cracked down on scanning supplies to make sure the hospital is “reimbursed” properly. My favorite is when they go to discharge and they tell us throw any flonase or inhalers away they used during their stay instead of giving it to them after they were already charged for it. Ah Healthcare. Doing the most good for the profi—I mean patient.

Was in for a GI bleed. A single dose of a teaspoonful of liquid 3 times a day was $84 each. Got a prescription when I got out that was a quart and it was $64.

Back
Top Bottom