• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hospital charges - friggin redonkulos !!

My 1.5 day stay at Northside Cherokee for aFib this past February has racked up a total just north of $30k. A few bags of fluids, a hit of happy gas, a dose of Edison's medicine, and two absolutely worthless follow-ups. I have 26 envelopes of separate bills that I have received on the backend of that adventure. My out-of-pocket looks like it'll land around the $4k mark.

I'll just bite my belt and use the AED at the office next time...

I had a bone marrow test back in March at the doctors office. My part was $23k. I will say if you call and ask what they will settle for it will be a lot less. But you have to be prepared to pay at that time. My wife got them to settle for 10%. That itself says how inflated the bills are.

I had a bone marrow test back in March at the doctors office. My part was $23k. I will say if you call and ask what they will settle for it will be a lot less. But you have to be prepared to pay at that time. My wife got them to settle for 10%. That itself says how inflated the bills are.
Bills are inflated because of your ambulance chasers driving up the insurance premiums to provide care, that and not being able to negotiate scription drug prices. Just a start though.

I’m dreading the charges from these last few weeks worth. I have been in and out so many times with seizures and crap, I have lost count. I know the charges are going to be devastating, just my part will be unbelievably heavy I bet.

One thing I've always said about Dr and hospital bills, they can't repo or take back what they've already done for you.
You can call them and set up a payment plan for whatever you can afford a month
This is true. Haven’t been able to work in a while…they will have to take what I can give them. I am not even getting disability, unemployment or any of that crap either.

This is true. Haven’t been able to work in a while…they will have to take what I can give them. I am not even getting disability, unemployment or any of that crap either.
I'm not ashamed to say I've did it before. Contact them and set something up and say that's all you can afford. They'd rather have something than nothing............what they gonna do

Back
Top Bottom