• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hot Tub - What do you do with these things when you don’t want them?

YaDaddy

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
204   1
Reaction score
About to begin the under deck replacement project and the ole hot tub is making us wonder. Came with the house and we never used it. It’s been years and never even opened it. Hoffa could be in there for all I know. The top cover may have been compromised, in some way, as the tub had water leaking out after a freeze a while back.

What do you do with these things? Is there a used market for the tub itself? Does it make more sense to refurbish and make it a feature when we sell the house or do you just call the junk man to haul it away?

Thanks in advance for any experience or insight.

AF7F2DB9-0402-4BE5-8D3F-1FD87D2E00EA.jpeg

Yep. I've seen a few houses that had old, non-working hot tubs. Some bigger ones than this, with decks around them. The real estate people say to get rid of them. Remove them and erase all traces that they were ever there. My brother, who has bought and remodeled a number of homes, always does the same thing. Any above-ground pool or spa or tub that's not 100% perfectly working and looking good gets taken out, cut up, hauled to landfill. Landscapers and painters erase its footprint.

Leak after a freeze is likely a split hose or fitting. Craigslist/Free......somebody will come haul it away for you.

Pardon me, I probably wasn’t clear. The water was running through proper channels after the freeze. No reason to believe the tub itself has been compromised, just the cover. Now I don’t know what Jimmy has been doing in there, so anything’s possible.

Back
Top Bottom