• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

House passes concealed reciprocity bill!

I remember hearing just a few months ago that there were fewer than 500 or so permits issued in NJ.

I would say it's more than that in total because former LEOs will get a permit issued to them but if you exclude them then yea that's probably an accurate number. I only knew one guy that had one. He was a gun collector in South Jersey that I brought a shotgun from. He was buddy buddy with the chief of the local PD so he got one.

How unfortunate we must pass bills that basically repeat what the 2nd amendment was intended for in the first place. It should be called the second - 2nd amendment.

The horror stories I could tell when I visited CA. My Father was very ill and passed away by the time I drove back but after that visit I quickly got my permit!

YEp, time to put pressure on the senate.
There’s no reason a vetted, licensed carry permit holder should be forced to unload his or her gun, lock it in the trunk, OR EVEN LEAVE IT AT HOME , when traveling interstate.

The feds’ reversal of the gun bans on Corps of Engineers lakes and parks is a great bonus too.

I get the feeling that might not work for your state of residence.

Yea some states already dont honor non-res permits. It might be that NJ/CA/NYC residents could be out in the cold when traveling to other states unless the bill has shall issue language in it for them

This bill could backfire but I hope it doesn't. I can see states that don't want this taking away ccw from their citizens in order to not have to comply.

I get the feeling that might not work for your state of residence.
Yeah, I heard someone explaining the law that said very clearly it did not interfere with state law. I'm trying to figure out how a state law that denies an act to it's own residents, but allows it for non residents, can stand up to a legal challenge.

Back
Top Bottom