• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

House plan site….

jcountry

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
13   0
Reaction score
Looking at options for new construction.

We would like to have a single story (with perhaps a small basement as a storm shelter.)

I see tons of home plan sites, but I see very little that I can compare without purchasing the whole plan set.

Do y’all know of a free site that will at least show the basic plans without shelling out a grand?

I can read floor plans and visualize how the layout will work. I’m just hoping to find something with enough detail (at least a basic elevation and floor plan) to print out and be able to see enough detail to know whether I want to actually buy the set. I am also able to tell from rough dimensions how efficient construction will be. Heck, my dad was an architect, but he can’t work anymore,

Everything I am finding just shows rough renderings and zero floor plan info. I may just not be searching right.

-Thanks!

find an architect, and make your own plans...the cost is more, however in the long run, the cost is WAY less....all you really need is a couple of pictures of some houses you like, an idea, of what you want inside, and an architect that can put it into/onto paper....also get several "elevations" to decide what you want it to look like, and you're on your way!! I've NEVER found anything in a stupid book that would work....only if you like being inside the same plans as 20k other folks...."free site"....not!!! your location/site will also influence design....you say "i want some basement" well....you will need to have a site, that offers some topo movement....plans and site are all in the game

find an architect, and make your own plans...the cost is more, however in the long run, the cost is WAY less....all you really need is a couple of pictures of some houses you like, an idea, of what you want inside, and an architect that can put it into/onto paper....also get several "elevations" to decide what you want it to look like, and you're on your way!! I've NEVER found anything in a stupid book that would work....only if you like being inside the same plans as 20k other folks...."free site"....not!!! your location/site will also influence design....you say "i want some basement" well....you will need to have a site, that offers some topo movement....plans and site are all in the game

I think I will go that route.

Just mainly looking for ideas, but I guess I don’t need too much detail

Back
Top Bottom