• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

House to house searches

This started with a simple question and has morphed into a bunch of BS; cops planting evidence, rights, pot plants, blah, blah, blah. Here is the question you need to ask. There is a terrorist on the loose who has killed civilians and cops with bombs and guns; are you a patriot or are you with the terrorists?
This was a situation in which we needed every American working together to help the local police, feds, and other law enforcement neutralize a threat to your neighbors, cops, and the country. There are only two reasons for not helping your country during a crisis of this magnitutude. You have a meth lab, pot farm, or other ILLEGAL items on your property, or you are an ACLU coward hiding behind the constitituion; I have no sympathy for either.
This was not law enforcement knocking on your door in the middle of the night for no reason, this was a legitimate terroristic threat that needed everyone pulling in the same direction.
The terrorists use our laws and constitution against us; how do you help your country by using the same tactics as our enemies?
I do not condone any illegal search and seizure, but LE needed to make sure areas were clear so they could shrink their search areas; why would anyone impede their ability to make ue safe?
Am I crazy or is it that simple?

This started with a simple question and has morphed into a bunch of BS; cops planting evidence, rights, pot plants, blah, blah, blah. Here is the question you need to ask. There is a terrorist on the loose who has killed civilians and cops with bombs and guns; are you a patriot or are you with the terrorists?
This was a situation in which we needed every American working together to help the local police, feds, and other law enforcement neutralize a threat to your neighbors, cops, and the country. There are only two reasons for not helping your country during a crisis of this magnitutude. You have a meth lab, pot farm, or other ILLEGAL items on your property, or you are an ACLU coward hiding behind the constitituion; I have no sympathy for either.
This was not law enforcement knocking on your door in the middle of the night for no reason, this was a legitimate terroristic threat that needed everyone pulling in the same direction.
The terrorists use our laws and constitution against us; how do you help your country by using the same tactics as our enemies?
I do not condone any illegal search and seizure, but LE needed to make sure areas were clear so they could shrink their search areas; why would anyone impede their ability to make ue safe?

If you are waiting for law enforcement to make you safe, you are certainly crazy. It's hardly un-patriotic to exercise your rights as an American citizen.

It's Mass, they're democrats. They don't have rights.

So, how does use of the National Guard, the patriot act, and martial law fit together in today's world?

If somebody got the drop on your 8 year old and was holding a gun to her head, and the police knocked on your door, what would you tell them?

In exigent circumstances, or emergency situations, police can conduct warrantless searches to protect public safety. This exception to the Fourth Amendment’s probable cause requirement normally addresses situations of “hot pursuit,” in which an escaping suspect is tracked to a private home. But it might also apply to the events unfolding in Boston if further harm or injury might be supposed to occur in the time it takes to secure a warrant. A bomber believed to be armed and planning more violence would almost certainly meet such prerequisites.

That is one hell of a stretch.

It is a quantum leap to go from "I saw the suspect run into that house" to "I think he is is somewhere in this 5 square mile radius".

Again, the searches turned up nada; so the "ends justify the means" argument is out the window.

I don't think crazy is the word. Maybe "wrong", "deluded", or "self important" would be better terms. Our rights are never BS.

You can't tell me how searching my house is going to make me safe and your willingness to throw away parts of The Constitution is disturbing.

Once more the argument boils down to "if you refuse search, you have something to hide".

Yep, and they won't get a warrant because they think a suspect might possibly be somewhere in the neighborhood.
Nothing positive could come from an innocent, and law abiding citizen letting LE into their house. Nothing.

I dont see the benefit of letting them in my house. Thus for your not coming in. Go get your warrant then come back.

It does me no good to argue as we all have a strong opinion on this matter which we are all very entitled to. I think you guys missed my point; I am not shocked though. Just because you and I do not need assistance from LE does not mean the weaker, less armed majority of the population does not. It has nothing to do with YOU and your rights; it has everything to do with being your brothers keeper. How do you protect those who cannot protect themselves by not allowing LE to shrink a search area? LE is there to protect the general public and just because a few of us do not need help does not mean we impeded LE from protecting the greater population.
I am not talking about legality, I am talking about being reasonable and helping all you can in a time a crisis that maybe occurs once every 10 years.
Legally, you are 100% correct; morally, you are bankrupt and 100% wrong. That is all I was saying.

It does me no good to argue as we all have a strong opinion on this matter which we are all very entitled to. I think you guys missed my point; I am not shocked though. Just because you and I do not need assistance from LE does not mean the weaker, less armed majority of the population does not. It has nothing to do with YOU and your rights; it has everything to do with being your brothers keeper. How do you protect those who cannot protect themselves by not allowing LE to shrink a search area? LE is there to protect the general public and just because a few of us do not need help does not mean we impeded LE from protecting the greater population.
I am not talking about legality, I am talking about being reasonable and helping all you can in a time a crisis that maybe occurs once every 10 years.
Legally, you are 100% correct; morally, you are bankrupt and 100% wrong. That is all I was saying.

How am I safer allowing a search? If I know my home is secure and there is no bad guy under my couch, I don't need help.

I would say the guy so willing to shred The Constitution is morally bankrupt. I would watch the insults and be ware of a battle of wits when one is so woefully unarmed. That's all I am saying.

By your standard, anyone living within X miles of a prison has no 4th Amendment rights during a jail break. For that matter, wouldn't it be easier thus safer for society if we did not have a 4th Amendment and police could come in anytime they feel the need? Those morons in 1789 who just expelled a despot had no idea what they were writing.:thumb:

How am I safer allowing a search? If I know my home is secure and there is no bad guy under my couch, I don't need help.
:thumb:

How does LE know that the bad guys are not in your house? What if the bad guy was standing around the corner holding a weapon on your loved one to get you to say the right thing?

Back
Top Bottom