• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

how can i recieve an infraction for an add that was edited to correct the problem!

Who's right, ODT Staff or jamesthemechanic? (Please read the first 15 posts before vo

• ODT Staff!

Votes: 96 72.7%
  • jamesthemechanic!

Votes: 18 13.6%
  • TNT knows drama!

Votes: 18 13.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesthemechanic

Default rank <4500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
73   0
Reaction score
Note: Please read Post 1 through 15 before commenting so you know what this thread is!!

(This whole thread was originally in the private help forum)

i posted an add for coins i forgot to place a dollar amount .was commented on by another member, corrected the problem by edit, my add was pulled after i corrected it so, i reposted with the same info that i corrected and now you send me an infraction explain ? the original add was corrected should have been end of story

One million dollars is not a serious price and people were complaining and trashing the thread (had to delete 11 comments). Threads like that have a tendency to get completely out of control so it was deleted. You had a chance to edit the ad to comply with site rules and you chose to a post million dollar price which caused problems.

there is no rule that says how much or little i can price my stuff, i edited my add per comment, complaint, and added a price, if you are telling me you can now control what i ask for my items , i want to see the rule , otherwise i violated no rule after i edited my add and i demand the infraction be corrected , or a statement be made telling all members you control what they can ask for an item

there is no rule that says how much or little i can price my stuff, i edited my add per comment, complaint, and added a price, if you are telling me you can now control what i ask for my items , i want to see the rule , otherwise i violated no rule after i edited my add and i demand the infraction be corrected , or a statement be made telling all members you control what they can ask for an item
I understand that you're upset. I don't want you to feel that I'm singling you out so I'll leave any further responses to other mods or to Okuma Steve.

i am upset because i followed the rules after it was pointed out . weather i would have gotten the edited cash amount was not the complaint, it was i didnt have a cash value which i corrected , anyone attacking my post with negitive or disrupting comments should have been removed not my add !!!

Do not make negative price comments in other people’s threads. Repeat offenders will be temporarily banned and then permanently banned. It gets really old reminding the same users over and over to keep their comments to themselves. Everyone is allowed to ask whatever price they want for their items and it is their problem if no one wants it for that price. Also, do not hijack people's listings, { okuma steves own comment ,, unless i missed where it changed , my add was not in violation after corrected} and the infraction correction and in my opinion an apoligy is in order.

Seriously, do I have to make a rule for everything? Can't common sense play a part every once in a while?

We both know you weren't serious about asking a million dollars so stop acting like you are offended. If we thought for a second that that was a real price it would have stayed up.

Is it really that hard to just put an item you'd trade for or a real amount you'd expect to get for the item? Wouldn't that be a heck of a lot easier than going through all this?

it seems that you have made your mind up on setting everyones prices. the amount was not the issue. it was that i didnt have it at first then. i added it thats where the issue is . i was givin an infraction and my add pulled . thats the issue you have allready stated in your own words as i copied and pasted doesnt matter the price . so i violated nothing and anyone whining should have been warned not me , when i wrote rules are rules it was after i edited and added an amount . and i didnt start this or warrented it you mod was wrong period!!!

We have never set anyone's prices and we did not set yours, we just deleted your joke price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom