How do you feel about current firearms laws?

how do you feel about our current firearms laws?

• The 2nd Amendment is very clear: "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED."

Votes: 36 66.7%
  • I think the laws we have now are way too strict, but we do need some simple regulations in place.

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • The laws we have now are perfect, don't change anything.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think the laws we have now are too lax, we need to have more strict regulations in place.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm an idiot.

Votes: 3 5.6%

• Total voters
If they are released to society, they should be armed. If their crime is so heinous that they should not have a firearm, then they should still be in jail.

And of course, the NFA, the GCA, and the BATFE should all be done away with.

At first glance I thought what the heck, then thought about it and I see your point.

As it stands now if a parent spanks their kid and someone turns them in they risk losing their gun rights. I didn't know this years ago but in Georgia if you use a belt, a switch or other type of tool to spank a child you can be arrested and lose your gun rights.

My Grandmother never knew the jeopardy she risked disciplining me with her yard stick but then she lived in another state. It was also well before the 1997 "the Lautenberg Amendment" named after its sponsor, Senator Frank Lautenberg (D - NJ).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_Violence_Offender_Gun_Ban

"Today we need a nation of minute men; citizens who are not only prepared to take up arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as a basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom. The cause of liberty, the cause of American, cannot succeed with any lesser effort."- President John F. Kennedy, January 29, 1961

Freedom is not preserved by giving it up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom