• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How do you fry your cornbread?

Anderson s diner on pio Nono got good collards and Lacey cornbread they about 15 bucks a plate but they give enough for two meals I get the fried pork chops ,Mac and cheese ,collards I just don’t eat there bring it home.
Always wondered about that place.

I’m usually the only cracker in there.i just get in line get the plate and get the hell out.never had a issue
I'd be a little afraid I'd run into a bunch of folks I know, LOL. I may have to try it out. My dad has never expressed an interest in going in, surprisingly. He's a dive restaurant whore.

Thats beautiful. That looks like the cornbread my Granny made.
I tried but I think I had the batter too thick or I poured too fast. Next go around I'll pour more slowly to get the lacy edge and soft center. Maybe run the burner on mid-high. It tasted fine but the texture wasn't what I was shooting for. I bet the last time I fried a bunch of cornbread was in OBC in 1990.

ill mix in a spoonful or two of that palmetto brand bacon infused pimento chez with my batter and some red eye hog seasoning and lay it on the blackstone. I like them pretty thin and lacy too.

Back
Top Bottom