• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How do you stay occupied in the deer stand?

dawgs511

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
112   0
Reaction score
This is more for those of you that stay in a stand all day long. I typically hunt mornings and evenings and this year I've started sitting in the afternoon a little bit too. My typical morning hunt is in the stand right at or before daylight and stay until about 9-10am depending on the weather and deer activity. Then get down and we usually hang around the farm checking trail cameras or messing with stands. Then go to town and get lunch and come back out. Usually back in the stand around 2pm for the evening hunt. I know I've heard of some people hunting until 8am and then climbing down, going and getting breakfast and come back out and get back in the stand around 9:30-10am.

How do some of you guys manage to stay in the stand for 6+ hours? Where I hunt (burke county) we don't get cell service. And being an iphone using college student there's only so long that I can go without cell service ha! But I know if I had cell coverage I could probably make it a few more hours in the stand.

I don't have any issue making it 3-4 hours in a stand at a time. But what are some of the things some of you guys do to pass the time if you're not seeing anything and staying in the stand 6+ hours or from morning all the way until evening?

Masturbation. Nothing real hard and purposeful, just a slow steady stroke. Keeps the testosterone high and other hunters away. :thumb:

I spend my time looking for deer... I have done various things at times - read a magazine, but deer do not have cowbells on them. I have woken up (oops) to the sound of a blowing deer several times. I does get boring at times, but I know darn well I am not going to see any deer back at camp, so I endure

- - - Updated - - -

Masturbation. Nothing real hard and purposeful, just a slow steady stroke. Keeps the testosterone high and other hunters away. :thumb:

OK, what do you do the other 5 hours and 45 minutes...

I spend my time looking for deer... I have done various things at times - read a magazine, but deer do not have cowbells on them. I have woken up (oops) to the sound of a blowing deer several times. I does get boring at times, but I know darn well I am not going to see any deer back at camp, so I endure- - - Updated - - -OK, what do you do the other 5 hours and 45 minutes...
SLOW steady stroke....don't climax, just enjoy your ME time in the woods. Sheesh, perv. :thumb:

- - - Updated - - -

beat me to it.
ORLY?

I guess its all in your perception. For me I am not bored with the non movement of deer, but rather calmed by the lack of cars and people that I am used to seeing everywhere else.

I guess i'm the guy that fits the description of a bad day hunting is better than a good day working.

used to sit in the stand from just before dark til about 930 to 1000 then get down and walk through the woods just looking,,go back to the camp for lunch around 1200 eat lunch and just hang out til around 400 and head back to the stand til dark,now if someone shot a deer and we had to drag it out everything would change---that was in CO. for Bow hunting--in Louisana out of Morgan city in the marsh- be in the stand before dark til about 900 to 1000 go to the camp grab the boat and go cat fishing til 300 back to the camp load up and back to the stand til dark..OOOO those were such good times..could talk hours about it

Back
Top Bottom