• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

How is flipping .22 worth it?

Wow it's funny how you guys make such general accusations about people. I would probably fall under y'alls classification as a "Flipper" as I did buy and sell .22lr here over a year ago and made decent money. Reason why, lost my very good paying job to company downsizing and moving all of our jobs overseas. So for me, I didn't want to college unemployment because I didn't want to stand in line and get a hand out. But, I had a few dollars in savings and decided I could actually work for it. So if getting up every morning, driving to different Wal-Marts all over the city and finding .22lr and then selling it here on ODT or wherever and people actually buying it and being happy to get it at the asking price and me not robbing old ladies, holding up fast food joints and making to money to get by until I found a new job (which I did) is wrong, then I guess you just can't do anything to make people happy. But, I learned that a long time ago. I haven't sold .22lr on here since then and no need to because I did it out of need not greed. And also, there are a lot of people on here I GAVE .22lr away to during the ammo shortage crisis just because I was fortunate enough to be able to give back.

All the online stores and local gun and pawn shops jacked their .22lr prices to $75-$90 a brick and I never seen anyone on here complain about them just attack the so called "Flippers". Those companies didn't do any of you any favors during the so called "Crisis". They capitalized on the panic just as well. Maybe not all of them but the majority of them did. I know I saw the prices at gun shows and pawn shops. I NEVER sold any .22lr bricks for freaking $75.00-$90.00 a box. Why? But if someone will pay $45.00 a brick for 500 rounds or $40.00 for multiples why not?

Why don't you guys just try to expand your selective thoughts sometimes and see that everyone isn't trying to screw everyone all the time. I didn't say there aren't those out there who won't, just not everyone. We live in a society where capitalism is part of the culture like it or not. You go to work for a job and expect to get paid what you're worth right? Capitalism. That company is making more off you than they are paying you. When that isn't true any longer, you're fired. But, like my g-pa always said...."you can please some of the people all of the time and you can please all of the people some of the time, but you'll never please all of the people all of the time." He got that right. I'm sure I'm gonna catch heat for my post and that's fine. But I saw it as a better alternative than siphoning off of the government. Make my own bones and I did. So, sue me.

Just my $0.02

It just might make me buy a .22. I won .22 both times I was at Hickory House, that place must be good luck
But I said I would take it.bahahahahahaha.For something to be so coveted it is strange how so much 22 ammo shows up as giveaways at the M&G's.

Wow it's funny how you guys make such general accusations about people. I would probably fall under y'alls classification as a "Flipper" as I did buy and sell .22lr here over a year ago and made decent money. Reason why, lost my very good paying job to company downsizing and moving all of our jobs overseas. So for me, I didn't want to college unemployment because I didn't want to stand in line and get a hand out. But, I had a few dollars in savings and decided I could actually work for it. So if getting up every morning, driving to different Wal-Marts all over the city and finding .22lr and then selling it here on ODT or wherever and people actually buying it and being happy to get it at the asking price and me not robbing old ladies, holding up fast food joints and making to money to get by until I found a new job (which I did) is wrong, then I guess you just can't do anything to make people happy. But, I learned that a long time ago. I haven't sold .22lr on here since then and no need to because I did it out of need not greed. And also, there are a lot of people on here I GAVE .22lr away to during the ammo shortage crisis just because I was fortunate enough to be able to give back.

All the online stores and local gun and pawn shops jacked their .22lr prices to $75-$90 a brick and I never seen anyone on here complain about them just attack the so called "Flippers". Those companies didn't do any of you any favors during the so called "Crisis". They capitalized on the panic just as well. Maybe not all of them but the majority of them did. I know I saw the prices at gun shows and pawn shops. I NEVER sold any .22lr bricks for freaking $75.00-$90.00 a box. Why? But if someone will pay $45.00 a brick for 500 rounds or $40.00 for multiples why not?

Why don't you guys just try to expand your selective thoughts sometimes and see that everyone isn't trying to screw everyone all the time. I didn't say there aren't those out there who won't, just not everyone. We live in a society where capitalism is part of the culture like it or not. You go to work for a job and expect to get paid what you're worth right? Capitalism. That company is making more off you than they are paying you. When that isn't true any longer, you're fired. But, like my g-pa always said...."you can please some of the people all of the time and you can please all of the people some of the time, but you'll never please all of the people all of the time." He got that right. I'm sure I'm gonna catch heat for my post and that's fine. But I saw it as a better alternative than siphoning off of the government. Make my own bones and I did. So, sue me.

Just my $0.02

Lol...i don't know if there are ignore lists on this new site but I'm sure you just made a lot of them.

I'm pretty sure everyone said something bad about the places that jacked .22...a lot of people won't shop at said places anymore. Most people here didn't buy .22 when the prices were unreasonable. I myself sold my .22 rifle because the sole reason I had it (cheap plinking) was no longer extant. You were also breaking the law while you did it, but that's a different subject. It's one thing to make a few dollars from selling stuff you already have. ..another thing entirely to trying to make a living out of reselling ammo as a business.

I'm not a lawyer, but I don't think admitting on a site that is trolled by the ATF that you ran an illegal ammo business is a good idea.

Geez, hasn't this subject been beat to death yet? We condemn and ridicule the seller for flipping ammo. If there is a market for it, someone will sell it. I am pissed at those who buy the ammo at the inflated prices. The seller would not be a seller if there were no buyers. We need to face the fact that the real idiot in this transaction is the buyer. The buyers are too dang lazy to go find ammo, so they resort to buying from flippers because it is easy. Sellers don't sell without a buyer.

Back
Top Bottom