• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How is the accuracy on this rifle? Ruger SFAR 7.62/.308 Win. 20" Put one on layaway with Buds.

I’ve only shot the SFAR with a thermal. Just under 2” at 100 with factory Norma .308 and old eyes. No failures but only around 100 rds. fired.

I decided to go with the 20 inch version. Thanks again to Buds Gun Shops layaway program. LOL

I had to send mine back to the mothership. They replaced the upper and barrel because you couldn't zero it. Barrel was mounted slightly canted to the left.

Good service as always with Ruger, and had it back in about a week. Shoots fine now but I haven't been able to try it at anything more than 25 yard (indoor range) yet.

My guess is that it'll be as accurate as any AR-10 I've shot, but not as good as some of my 308 bolt guns... but that's just a guess. I'll know better when I can try various ammo in it at 100 yards or so.

It is stupid light though, no different than an AR-15. Supposedly the gas system is a little janky, causing feed issues in the 'regular' mode (according to the interwebs) but I haven't seen that with mine so far.
You mention "regular' mode"....Is this a piston operated rifle?

I have a friend looking to buy one for hunting. He likes the weight.

My DPMS SASS weighs about 14 lbs with optic and mag. A little heavy
Yeah I had the Armalite Super Sass and it really turned me off on AR 10s. Accurate as all get out but heavy as all get out as well.

Back
Top Bottom