• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How is the accuracy on this rifle? Ruger SFAR 7.62/.308 Win. 20" Put one on layaway with Buds.

I am always skeptical of shelf guns. Like the post before it's a crap shoot. If you get a good one you still have to find the right ammo. I have always had better luck with my builds with good barrels. However, I can see the allure of a small frame 308 for weight reduction but it just rubs me the wrong way. Trying to keep the same structural integrity of a big round rifle in a small round frame. I will have to watch over the long haul before I can make a call on anything reliability or accuracy wise. I have only had one shelf gun that shot lights out. That was the Colt CRE 18 it stamped 1/4 MOA out of the box. I wish I had never sold it. Dumb move on my part. I have heard good and not so stellar ( good but not great ) from owners. It also depends what accurate is to you. If ( 1-2.5 MOA ) is accurate to you then you will probably be fine. I am just going off what I have read in their reviews online and a couple of guys at the range. Anyway if you do get one sight it in and get some Federal Gold Medal Match ammo and send us a rangr report. I would be anxious to see that.

I’ve got the 16” model and I love it. For a sub $1,000 .308 AR, it’s great. I like that it is the same size as a normal AR15.
I only have a 225 yard range but I was under 3” with a 1-6 scope and cheap 147gr boolits.
AEB96C00-C0CC-48A0-B2EC-CD59C83520FE.jpeg

Good to hear on the accuracy front. Someday I'll actually get out to a real range and try for myself.

No feeding issues for anyone? The gas system seems to get a lot of negative press.

Supposedly not enough adjustment and the 'regular' setting is under-gassed while the 'adverse' setting will beat up the gun (according to the manual) if used too much.

Good to hear on the accuracy front. Someday I'll actually get out to a real range and try for myself.

No feeding issues for anyone? The gas system seems to get a lot of negative press.

Supposedly not enough adjustment and the 'regular' setting is under-gassed while the 'adverse' setting will beat up the gun (according to the manual) if used too much.

I have had zero feeding issues out of mine. Suppressed or not. Stays on setting 2. I would like to try a heavier buffer. I get a bit of a smear on the back of the case. Not much but noticeable if you reload

Back
Top Bottom