• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

How is the milsurp market these days?

they do have pre-sporterized mosins at this point if you just want a mosin to hunt with once in a bluemoon or some such reason, and cheap ones do look good much of the time

with the current value placed on mil-surp and the price of decent entry level hunting rifles bolt actions sportorizing them makes less nowadays. When they were $59 it amde godo sense ot turn it into a home-made scoped hunting rifle but at $170+ with additional funds for the scope mounts/rings/ new stock/bent bolt it gets pricey

Not really surplus (but made from a surplus parts kit) last Saturday I was at the gun store b.s.ing like usual and they made me buy this C308. I couldn't bring myself to leave it there after he told he would sell it to me for $350 bucks it was still in the box came with everything. I got it home measured the bolt gap it came out perfect did 3 mag dumps with and I love it. I need to get a aac mount so incan throw my can on it.

I don't think any of us would have left it there for that kind of money.
IMG_20171014_190506_550.jpg
20171014_171447.jpg

From the weeks ive been researching these things thats the going rate for one. A man i know runs a gun shop and he went to a big gun show this past weekend and found several mosins. Priced mostly $300,one for 500 and even had a guy that wanted 800 for it because it was a "war gun". Funny

Is that really what people are paying or is it what they're asking but nobody is buying? Serious question....

Back
Top Bottom