• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How is the milsurp market these days?

What do you guys like working on? Maintenance? Restorations? " The Hunt" ? Shooting/Accuracy? Trading?

Here lately, it's finding pre-1890's rifles and spending waaaayyyy to much time and money to make the brass and cast propper bullets so they can be shot again.

I also really like the hunt and learning the history of them and just sitting back with a beer and looking at them I could waste days doing that.

Hey guys. Just joined the forum. Tuesday i scored on a Mosin Nagant 91/30 for 170 out the door. Gun is in reallllly good shape. Spent 3 hours last night cleaning the barrel and it looks NICE. Had one 5-6 years ago
(paid like 59 bucks? for it?) and ive missed it since. Now i have found that ammo is gone up 200% and no more surplus or at least hard to find. Im debating on redoing the stock,and maybe "sporterising" the rifle.

Hey guys. Just joined the forum. Tuesday i scored on a Mosin Nagant 91/30 for 170 out the door. Gun is in reallllly good shape. Spent 3 hours last night cleaning the barrel and it looks NICE. Had one 5-6 years ago
(paid like 59 bucks? for it?) and ive missed it since. Now i have found that ammo is gone up 200% and no more surplus or at least hard to find. Im debating on redoing the stock,and maybe "sporterising" the rifle.
look into ppu ammo with free shipping from midwayusa or sportsmanguide. it's new brass, non-corrosive, reloadable and accurate enough for me to hunt with it

What's the point of turning it into a sporter? You could probably pick up something at Wal-Mart that has better ammo selection, smoother action, better accuracy, and can mount rings - cheaper than a milsurp

It would be hilarious if you sporterized a main that had some collector value, like Finn capture or a lend lease. The irony wouldn't be lost on me.
Post up some pics, show off what ya got!

It would be hilarious if you sporterized a main that had some collector value, like Finn capture or a lend lease. The irony wouldn't be lost on me.
Post up some pics, show off what ya got!
Ive done some researched as far a "matching numbers?" and mine isnt matching much of nothing and seems to be just a Izhevsk model.
look into ppu ammo with free shipping from midwayusa or sportsmanguide. it's new brass, non-corrosive, reloadable and accurate enough for me to hunt with it

looks ok. There is a gun shop close to me that quoted me $11.90 per 20 rounds of tulammo. Never used it. Reviews seem ok.Im just using this for the gun range etc. If i decide to hunt with it il look deeper into it. Thanks!!!

What's the point of turning it into a sporter? You could probably pick up something at Wal-Mart that has better ammo selection, smoother action, better accuracy, and can mount rings - cheaper than a milsurp
Eh. im 28 years old. I got my first one when i was 20ish? I sold it to pay off some debt and i have missed it since. Money isnt the issue here i just wanted another one to do again.

Back
Top Bottom