• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How is the milsurp market these days?

I'm trying to add to the market. Thinning out some of an inheritance from last year. Mostly just letting go of the non original stuff. Listed a few rifles today and I got some milsurp pistols I'll be listing soon.

How is the market treating you?

Seen any new releases by importers/dealers? Besides the M39's this year? Not really

Gotten any good deals? Got a 1916 Oviedo Mauser in .308 for $199, Couple of T53's for 2006 pricing, 8x56R ammo

Where are you finding examples? GB? ODT? CMP? Local sellers? Pawn Shops? Local sellers, some online (J&G)

Have we topped out in the Mauser market? K98 - All matching has gotten crazy. No idea. Haven't bought one in years.

Are Mosins still gaining in value or have they leveled off? Seller's market. New batch of hex rec showed up for $$$

Enfields? Red headed step child? Now? Probably because .303 is a reloader's caliber

American Warhores? - ( I think they will only go up - That new movie Hacksaw Ridge is chocked full of Garands) Only going up

Ariskas - I have no words but HOLY COW. They have gone up. The nice ones, but that's any milsurp - just market in general

Carcano - Is it their turn to have some serious growth and attention? No. Another reloader's caliber.

Swiss? Leveled off? Ammo is hard to find? Maybe? Feels like it. K31 is still a good deal for $300-$350, but ammo is thinning

Has the German pistol market gone insane? No clue.

Is the WW1 Market going to get really crazy the next 2 years? I don't see why.

Have the niche markets had their runs? Finns, Non British Enfields?\ Don't think so. Ishapore 2A1's are $$$, SVT40 is $$$

Why are 1911's ( original going for over 1k-4k? ) WTH? 'Merica

Just a bunch rolling around in my mind as we draw 2016 to a close.
See answers above. The milsurp market is ridiculous right now and finding ammo actually takes work. I have seen a ton of Yugo M24/47 Mausers for sale around $350, which IMO is about $50 high, but they're not clapped out and are generally nicely made rifles. They're not historically interesting, but good shooters, if that's what you want.

I picked up a trio of Chinese T53's in Winterville the other week - deal was too good to say no to. The wood is always crap on these rifles, but bluing, rifling, and crowns are in amazing condition (you know, the stuff that actually matters). Best part is that two of them are all numbers matching.

Attachments

• 20161004_205406.jpg
    20161004_205406.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 89
I've been messing around with Mausers for the last little bit. A friend and I are even playing around with the 9.3X62mm...what a hitter. I have a 1916 Oviedo 7.62 NATO on the bench right now; I bought it four years ago and I just decided to restore it, the exterior was dark and nasty so I figured what the hell. Other than that, I'm just rounding out certain areas, buying weird stuff and offloading odds and ends.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a surplus dump as folks prepare for the vote, though. It may be a good time to buy if you can.

Seen any new releases by importers/dealers? Besides the M39's this year?
Nothing interesting has popped up...J&G Sales used to have some pretty decent stuff but havent seen anything at a decent price from them in quite a while. The M39 I received from Classic is BEAUTIFUL...one of my favorite milsurps.

Gotten any good deals?
Picked up an Eddystone 1917 for what I believe was a good deal. Had been looking for one for a while. Just got the shipping notification for my second CMP Garand.

Where are you finding examples? GB? ODT? CMP? Local sellers? Pawn Shops?
Havent been looking much lately, gunboards.com has some great deals sometimes but you better be quick.

Have we topped out in the Mauser market? K98 - All matching has gotten crazy.
Being able to get a RC K98 for $300-$350 still qualifies as a good deal to me, considering they are oozing with history.

Are Mosins still gaining in value or have they leveled off?
Im thinking they are leveling off in the $175-$200 range.

Enfields? Red headed step child? Now?
Have on Enfield and thats enough for me...for now!

American Warhores? - ( I think they will only go up - That new movie Hacksaw Ridge is chocked full of Garands)
I see the M1 Garand climbing a lot in the near future...CMP expected to be out around July 2017.

Ariskas - I have no words but HOLY COW. They have gone up.
Ill take any Arisaka I can get for $200-$225.....I bet they will be in the $300+ range soon.

Carcano - Is it their turn to have some serious growth and attention?
I still dont have a Carcano....dont see them come up for sale much.

Swiss? Leveled off? Ammo is hard to find? Maybe?
Swiss has probably leveled off, especially because ammo is hard to find and expensive.

Has the German pistol market gone insane?

Is the WW1 Market going to get really crazy the next 2 years?

Have the niche markets had their runs? Finns, Non British Enfields?\

Why are 1911's ( original going for over 1k-4k? ) WTH?

Just a bunch rolling around in my mind as we draw 2016 to a close.[/QUOTE]

Just saw some of the Milsurps classic released today. Those M95 stutzen carbines are beautiful but no way I would spend what they are asking. Same with the scrubbed fn Mausers. Way too rich for my blood.

Just saw some of the Milsurps classic released today. Those M95 stutzen carbines are beautiful but no way I would spend what they are asking. Same with the scrubbed fn Mausers. Way too rich for my blood.

I am pretty sure the Milsurps Classic is selling is from the First Samco auction which was all bought by Century . A lot of it was loose parts that needed to be assembled to make guns . The ammo has not hit yet but they had a lot of ammo with bonus green funk on it when Samco was selling it . I wonder if it will get better

Back
Top Bottom