• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How is the milsurp market these days?

I would tend to think you are correct. Classic is being pretty business savvy by bleeding out inventory to maximize profit if they ended up with most of it, which I have not seen elsewhere.
I am pretty sure the Milsurps Classic is selling is from the First Samco auction which was all bought by Century . A lot of it was loose parts that needed to be assembled to make guns . The ammo has not hit yet but they had a lot of ammo with bonus green funk on it when Samco was selling it . I wonder if it will get better

I can't get myself to sell anything that isn't made anymore, not even the russian 91/30. i fear that the young generations will not be as interested in mil-surp rifles or handguns.hopefully my niece and nephew will have sense of respect/appreciation for my firearms to inherit them if no kids are born from my loins

history taught in schools are shrank to the bare minimum and globalism is valued over patriotism (not counting certain topics which take-up half the history book to push agendas)

I think part of the reason I have issues selling is that I got on the C&R boat back in the "good old days" and the replacement cost is too high.

Luck
I think part of the reason I have issues selling is that I got on the C&R boat back in the "good old days" and the replacement cost is too high.
Lucky duck.... A $730 service grade Garand is a deal when available... I think they used to be way under ,$500 in yesteryear. Wait 10 more and it will be really nutty.

Luck

Lucky duck.... A $730 service grade Garand is a deal when available... I think they used to be way under ,$500 in yesteryear. Wait 10 more and it will be really nutty.
Sadly, I think you are spot on. I was just thinking about that thread from the other day that was talking about $89 Mosins and cheap SKS rifles. I remember buying a Walther P1 for $229 - why didn't I buy a couple extra?
Guess it's just the market generally, meaning C&R goes with the rest of the market. Remember when 22LR was $15 per brick? I think the only market that bucks the trend is the AR-15 market, which is still saturated. This is a great time to buy an AR.

Back
Top Bottom