• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How is the milsurp market these days?

New CMP gun case and 6 digit Garand with a new finished stock.

Six digit is September 1941 as I was entering the second grade and well remember November as my Mother's Brother was in Schofield barracks. The following summer he was home for a visit before they shipped him out to the Philippines. Retired in '48.

Ssh! Don't tell the kids but father's day came early this year :)

14515.jpeg

We moved recently and the unboxing continues. Look what I found. This was my wife's grandfather's (Captain Don) coverall. Captain Don was sent to Iceland during WWII and served two years post-war in Japan where his unit was in charge of grave registration and identification of US servicemen who were killed or died at the hands of their Japanese captors. It was understandably difficult work for Captain Don and his men.

14518.jpeg

View attachment 1664138left here awhile ago, beater mixaster rifles going for 650 to 850. A CMP special is the only thing that I would consider. Most restocked rifles were wearing some awful looking furniture that wasn't walnut. Maybe 40 rifles on the rack. Not slamming CMP for not giving them away, but I am out at those prices/ condition.

In light of this, has anyone else received a SG Garand via mail order from the CMP recently with a new finished walnut CMP stock?

In light of this, has anyone else received a SG Garand via mail order from the CMP recently with a new finished walnut CMP stock?

I have heard that the mail order rifles generally are nicer. One of the mixmasters had a tag from 01/18. No way a decent deal would hang around that long. I suspect a few nice rifles trickle out every week and are snatched up on Thursday morning. Everything else is already picked over.

Back
Top Bottom