• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How is the milsurp market these days?

That's
So I had a bidness meeting in Birmingham this morning. Up early, on the road. Meeting went great! Customer brought in BBQ for lunch. Then time to head East and get home.

While driving on I-20 the vehicle started acting funny. Like it had a mind of its own. At exit 188 the wheel jerked to the right and away we went. Next thing I knew I was at the CMP South Store. I figured it was divine intervention or something.

Bobby at CMP is the bomb.

Here's what I picked up along with a case of ammo and a Hoe bayonet.

View attachment 2239833 View attachment 2239834 View attachment 2239835

1903 w/scant stock, 1/1 ME/TE (I need to run the serial but I think a rearsenaled barrel, bright bore, and some kind of funny cut out in the side of the receiver...

Gotta say thanks to those on ODT who posted that 1903's were back at CMP!!!
Thats Awesome it has the cut out for the Pedersen device!

Took a trip down to the CMP South Store yesterday morning and picked up a new beauty. Had my choice of 11 different 03s there, so I went home with one that I considered the best of the lot. There was another Mark I there, but its condition wasn't as nice as this one with its ME/TE of 1/1 and all original Remington (as far as I can tell) parts.
IMG_20190817_135148.jpg
IMG_20190817_135230.jpg
IMG_20190817_135238.jpg
IMG_20190817_135249.jpg

Took a trip down to the CMP South Store yesterday morning and picked up a new beauty. Had my choice of 11 different 03s there, so I went home with one that I considered the best of the lot. There was another Mark I there, but its condition wasn't as nice as this one with its ME/TE of 1/1 and all original Remington (as far as I can tell) parts.View attachment 2241500 View attachment 2241501 View attachment 2241502 View attachment 2241503

Nice! I wish they’d allow us to buy more than one per year

I snagged this M38 today off of here! I have wanted one in my collection for a while but never seemed to beable make a deal happen on one, until today. Not the cleanest example or prettiest but definitely fills the void in the arsenal. And for $175 bucks I wasnt going to find a better one cheaper. Its a good shooter grade that I wont be afraid to take out to the range.
20190818_150853.jpg

I’m probably going to be offloading at least three Garands in the next few weeks. I’ve been bitten by the 32acp bug again and have been buying and trading for old pistols, as well as German reichsrevolvers and Gew.98 rifles with Lange Vizier sights on them.

Been seeing some decent items here and there at the shows. Sorry, I don’t get to comment as much as I used to. Life is keeping me busy.

I’m probably going to be offloading at least three Garands in the next few weeks. I’ve been bitten by the 32acp bug again and have been buying and trading for old pistols, as well as German reichsrevolvers and Gew.98 rifles with Lange Vizier sights on them.

Been seeing some decent items here and there at the shows. Sorry, I don’t get to comment as much as I used to. Life is keeping me busy.

I may have a .32 and a GEW 98 you'd be interested in. I'm downsizing.

Back
Top Bottom