• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How is the milsurp market these days?

I came into a bandolier of this over the weekend. Head stamps are FA 39 and One clip of FA 42....the brass stripper clips are intact. I’ve never seen these before now.....wondering if the older ones are nickel-cupro bullets?

34EAD835-4E3C-422A-A2C3-C5F4481188A2.jpeg

Backside of insert paper

3263773C-B3A7-40C7-BA82-C7BDF958CFC4.jpeg

image.jpg

Webley pistol? Some were converted to fire different kinds of ammo. Be careful with that part.

Arisaka rifle with what look like anti-aircraft sights. Looks like stock was sporterized at some point.

And that my friends is about as far as my expertise goes...I do know when you start cutting on these old milsurps their value drops like a rock.

Choot 'em and enjoy them!

Oh, and the "mum" was ground off of the Arisaka which means it wasn't taken off a dead Jap.

The mum was a representation of the emperor who was supposed to be a deity so before surrendering the rifles the mum was ground off. If the mum was intact it meant they didn't have time to grind it off.

View attachment 2311811 View attachment 2311812 View attachment 2311813 View attachment 2311814 View attachment 2311815 View attachment 2311816 Hey guys looking for some HELP on a couple of oldies I picked up today, both are in good shape and serial numbers match, know nothing about them

I'm thinking the pistol is an Iver Johnson top break with wood grips.

All I can make out is that the Arisaka a type 99, (looks like the store misidentified it) and is from the Kokura Arsenal. This site has a lot of good information about what the markings mean. https://oldmilitarymarkings.com/japanese_markings.html and here's a chart to estimate production date
Arisaka-Production-Dates.jpg

Back
Top Bottom