• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How is the milsurp market these days?

Dang it....where did that spring land? I’m sure glad that parts are still available

:noidea:

8821F037-673C-4CBA-82B5-1D470CE8D6E9.jpeg

I'm hoping some nice, fair priced milsurps come up for sale soon. Haven't come across much at all besides the 1911. I'm itching for another one but my wife and budget say otherwise... Everything I've come across lately has some very steep pricing.

Unfortunately, the prices seem to be going up at a steady pace everywhere. I wouldn't count on a drop.

All depends on where you look. Sometimes luck can be on your side. Last year I picked up a Hakim and 200rds of 8mm for $140. Guy was liquidating his collection. That was his asking price and it sat for weeks unsold. I thought it was sporterized from the pic but took a chance. It was in very good condition, excellent bore and all original. Far from the norm but it does happen occasionally. Could have knocked me over with a feather when he pulled it out of his truck.

I wish I had started collecting back when I first started helping doing gun shows 20 years ago. I remember all the Mauser's among many other guns that were cheap. I started collecting about 10 years ago and still feel like I was late to the party. I've come across a few deals here and there but I agree with you, Nonstampcollector. Prices are definitely trending upward. It's not even common to see a Mosin for under $300 which is absurd compared to what they were 10 years ago. I'm not even talking about a rare variant either.

Back
Top Bottom