• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How is the milsurp market these days?

Probably a dumb question, but is there anywhere in the state that has a decent collection of milsurp guns? How about anywhere that gets crates in from time to time?

I see online that random places are still getting crates of various guns, but I'd like to see the quality instead of just gambling that they don't give me a trash gun.

Probably a dumb question, but is there anywhere in the state that has a decent collection of milsurp guns? How about anywhere that gets crates in from time to time?

I see online that random places are still getting crates of various guns, but I'd like to see the quality instead of just gambling that they don't give me a trash gun.
Nothing locally that has large quantities. The only folks who have crates are direct importers who bring them into the county.

You may consider posting a “want to buy” ad here to beat the bushes

Pretty cool pic that I saw on a metal detector forum. They’re still finding war relics on battlefield sites in Europe….

501FD8C7-DE0D-481E-A3A2-4B7E1D5A466A.png

So….I submitted a FOIA request for records on my M1c sniper garand.

-My rifle was built in March of 1945 in the first batch of snipers built.
-It appears that after the Korean war she was loaned out to the Greek military
-She saw service in Greece and then the Greek government returned her to the US Embassy in Athens sometime before 2008.
-She arrived in Anniston, AL from Greece in March of 2008
-She was sold to the CMP later that same year
-The CMP processed for sale in December of 2010.
-I purchased her from the CMP in May of 2021.

Pretty cool….

B49DCB59-10D6-41D0-9099-13674A5EB60C.jpeg

8902C62A-8223-4282-A2D9-C9E81E72A49A.jpeg
-

Back
Top Bottom