• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How is the milsurp market these days?

What are y'alls thoughts on the post war P38's that are hitting the market? Worth picking one up or not?

What are y'alls thoughts on the post war P38's that are hitting the market? Worth picking one up or not?

affordable shooters for sure

I'd pass but I have 2 WWII P-38s.

Found it. I have one Army Waffenamt 135 and one commercial

Jan C. Still, in his 1986 book Axis Pistols Volume II, established a method of categorizing HSc pistols according to the acceptance marks used by the military and police stamped on the left side of the trigger guard. These categories are:

• Commercial: By law, all pistols that were produced during the war will typically have the standard government nitro proof mark stamped on frame, slide and barrel, which was the eagle over N. The left side of the trigger guard will typically be blank on commercial pistols. All guns provided to the military and police should have the nitro proof, though very late in the war the proof house was closed and some guns may not have been proofed.
  • Army: HSc pistols used by the German army are marked with a Waffenamt acceptance stamp in the form of an eagle over 655, eagle over 135, or eagle over WaA135 on the rear of the left trigger guard where it meets the frame.
  • Navy: HSc pistols used by the German navy (Kriegsmarine) are marked with a Marinewaffenamt acceptance stamp in the form of an eagle over MIII/8 on the rear of the left trigger guard where it meets the frame ane/or an eagle holding a circled swastika over the letter M property mark on the front grip strap.
  • Police: HSc pistols used by the German police are marked, on the rear of the left trigger guard where it meets the frame, with an eagle over a circled X, with an L or an F below and to the right.
https://unblinkingeye.com/Guns/MP-IV/mp-iv.html
Late to the party.
I have an HSc withthe eagle over an L. Serial 834235
My research indicated it is a police model.
I am currently selling most of my guns due to health reasons. Saddly may end up having to sell this one also.
Have a nazi stamped holster that came with it, although I don't think it was for this gun.

Mauser HSC 7.65 mm 2.jpg

Late to the party.
I have an HSc withthe eagle over an L. Serial 834235
My research indicated it is a police model.
I am currently selling most of my guns due to health reasons. Saddly may end up having to sell this one also.
Have a nazi stamped holster that came with it, although I don't think it was for this gun.

View attachment 5715947
Sorry to hear about your health problems.

Back
Top Bottom