• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

How long should a quality pair of Hunting boots last?

stealhunt

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
17   0
Reaction score
I like these Meindl boots made for Cabelas. They are costly but the best boot I ever had. I say, you might be a redneck if the only shoes in your closet with shoetrees in them are your hunting boots! I am on my second pair. Seems the life span of the soles are 5 to 6 years. I hunt hard, all public land, lots of mountain hunts, deer and turkey. It is nothing for me to do 1 to 2 miles in for a days hunt. And I hunt all season long too. But for $300.00 a pop, am I getting my money's worth? Every time I need new boots, I shop around, I have bought cheaper boots in the past, don't like em! Gotta have my "Made in Germany" Meindls........
But as I write this it seems that I have answered my own question. I will still post this, but then I will be logging in to Cabelas to order my third pair!

hunting boot.jpg

for what basically boils down to $1 per week, yea, i'd say you're getting your money's worth....IMO
do they have a lifetime warranty?

I like these Meindl boots made for Cabelas. They are costly but the best boot I ever had. I say, you might be a redneck if the only shoes in your closet with shoetrees in them are your hunting boots! I am on my second pair. Seems the life span of the soles are 5 to 6 years. I hunt hard, all public land, lots of mountain hunts, deer and turkey. It is nothing for me to do 1 to 2 miles in for a days hunt. And I hunt all season long too. But for $300.00 a pop, am I getting my money's worth? Every time I need new boots, I shop around, I have bought cheaper boots in the past, don't like em! Gotta have my "Made in Germany" Meindls........
But as I write this it seems that I have answered my own question. I will still post this, but then I will be logging in to Cabelas to order my third pair!

View attachment 544300

I "think" Cabelas will offer a replacement. A friend of mine took in 5 or 6, beat up twenty year old shirts and they replaced them. Said they would do that with most Cabelas branded items that were not abused.

I "think" Cabelas will offer a replacement. A friend of mine took in 5 or 6, beat up twenty year old shirts and they replaced them. Said they would do that with most Cabelas branded items that were not abused.

Great idea! I still have both bad pair and I will be traveling thru Greenville, SC soon. I may just drop in and see what they say!

Back
Top Bottom