• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How many have done anything to get off of medication?

GeauxLSU

Default rank 5000+ posts
Corn Pop
Staff member
Super Moderator
63   0
Reaction score
Where the stars at night are big and bright.
Just curious. An extra bag of dry beans is great but I'm curious if anyone has CONSCSIOUSLY done what was necessary to limit or eliminate their dependency on any prescription drugs. Assuming you have a condition that you could do something about and haven't, is it anywhere on your prepping priority list?

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism about 2.5 years ago. My doctor said I would absolutely have to take a prescription thyroid medication for the rest of my life.
The medication gave me nasty headaches, and made me lethargic. I added more iodine to my diet via seaweed, and bumped up my exercise regimen. Now I'm completely off of the medication and my levels are well into the normal parameters with a diet change.

I refuse to be tethered to prescription (or otherwise) drugs.

You can do things your doctor will swear up and down you cannot do through vigorous exercise and a change in diet. A visit to an acupuncturist will put you on the right track to determining which type of diet your body type will respond best to.

You just have to want to make a change bad enough.

Last edited:
Im not a fan of fda regulated medication. I have no conditions.... but im young and I get alot of excercise and eat my greens. If it wasnt for milk and chicken I couldnt tell you the last time ive taken medicine or antibiotics

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism about 2.5 years ago. My doctor said I would absolutely have to take a prescription thyroid medication for the rest of my life.
The medication gave me nasty headaches, and made me lethargic. I added more iodine to my diet via seaweed, and bumped up my exercise regimen. Now I'm completely off of the medication and my levels are well into the normal parameters with a diet change.

I refuse to be tethered to prescription (or otherwise) drugs.
Well done. I suspect my first edict will be for blood pressure (flirting with high normal for years). Presumably when that comes THAT will get me off my rump. Hopefully I don't wait that long...

Well done. I suspect my first edict will be for blood pressure (flirting with high normal for years). Presumably when that comes THAT will get me off my rump. Hopefully I don't wait that long...

Don't wait, and don't ease into it. Throw yourself in to making a change for your health and the welfare of your family. I also had borderline blood pressure issues....close but not close enough to raise any eyebrows. The diet change and exercise totally eliminated the issue.

Don't wait, and don't ease into it. Throw yourself in to making a change for your health and the welfare of your family. I also had borderline blood pressure issues....close but not close enough to raise any eyebrows. The diet change and exercise totally eliminated the issue.
I know, I know... I do have more excuses... but yes that's all they are. I'll get back in the saddle.

Three years ago I decided to go 90% vegetarian. Lost weight,blood pressure went down, feel better. It's not hard to do either. I also exercise,hike, walk,jog,bike, etc. 90% vegetarian what is that....? It's not being stupid enough to not eat a delicious burger or steak every now and then or deer. Ha !

Back
Top Bottom