How many miles on your vehicle?

Daily driver- 1995 Ford Lightning 213,000, runs like a scalded dog
Back up vehicle- 2001 Blazer 2door, 5spd, 167,000 needs head gaskets, intake manifold gaskets, broken motor mount, rotors and pads, and ball joints.....
Wife's car- 2004 Oldsmobile Alero, 66,000, bought new, she drives about 5 miles a day to and from work and never driven on weekends or holidays, she loves to ride in the old truck.

I have a 2002 Chevy Silverado that has 150500 and the wife has a 2001 Volvo V40 with 63000. As you can see we drive my truck a lot. I would drive it any where.

I had almost 250,000 on my 2000 F150 until I was T-boned..... sold it to the body shop.... It started up everyday for work.... I took it hunting when ever I went..... no smoke and still would pull a dual axle camper when needed.......

Last edited:
motor had been rebuilt and tranny had been replaced at some point before I bought it.

Ford or Chevy debate aside, Chevy's are a beast of a truck and can go the distance. I just know that almost every Chevy truck I looked at with more than 150k either had a rebuilt tranny, or was in need. Good working trucks when properly taken care of. Same can be said of Ford's.

Back
Top Bottom