• No

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Yes - $200 for a gun

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Yes - $100 for a gun

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Yes - $50 for a gun

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Yes - But not for a gun and I'd expect to be charged for it based on area treated (and severity).

Votes: 7 21.9%

• Total voters
Good question. Depends on what item is worth, if I can fix it myself and what the cost would be to have it fixed.
The truth is, in general...... it really wouldn't do anything you couldn't eventually do, somehow, on your own. But obviously not as uniformly or as welll (depending on what it is and what the issue is) and without all of the possible negatives of mechanical or chemical removal. So really the question is, is there enough 'retail' demand for a service like that? There is a commercial/industrial demand but that's not a market you can just dip your toe in. Well you really can't in either one given the cost of entry but one is a lot less painful than the other.
Lots of applications besides firearms and automotive. Musical instruments? Jewelry? Really only limited by imagination I guess.

Of course yo have to coat it with something (assuming it's metal. This also works on non metals). This is just about doing a better job removing the issue (whether it be rust, grease, paint, grime, whatever) more thoroughly, uniformly, and obviously quicker, and without any abrasion or chemicals.

If it's getting coated, it will still need sandblasting, which makes the laser pointless for the most part.
I can see where this would come in real handy in tons of industries, cleaning rust or corrosion off a gun just isn't one them.

Reactions: TRS
I like the idea as a business. I think you have to go find your clientele - anyone restoring stuff from guns to train cars would use it at some price. Does it take off more than rust (like nearby paint)?

I like the idea as a business. I think you have to go find your clientele - anyone restoring stuff from guns to train cars would use it at some price. Does it take off more than rust (like nearby paint)?
It can take off any/everything down to bare metal depending how it's set. Paint, grease, rubber gaskets, seals, welding discoloration, whatever.

I decondition lever guns up here for 100 bucks. For friends and family and thier friends. If you get it done for 200 I would jump on that depending on the gun of course. If it's been handed down through the family for years it would be worth every penny.

Back
Top Bottom