• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How often do you see double yolks?

I have 20 hens, no roosters. Most are Easter Eggers with a few Buff and Lavender Orpingtons and Americanas mixed in, all colorful egg layers and we get at least 2 double yokes a week. These in my opinion make the best omelettes... :cool:

Nothing at all wrong with farm fresh doubles - have no idea about store bought.

New Hens tend to lay doubles more frequently than Old Hens. If you raise Layers, the first couple of weeks you get a load of doubles

I have 20 hens, no roosters. Most are Easter Eggers with a few Buff and Lavender Orpingtons and Americanas mixed in, all colorful egg layers and we get at least 2 double yokes a week. These in my opinion make the best omelettes... :cool:

This is what I'm wondering. I mostly get store bought and personally have only had a few.

I had some buff mix hens and I’d get 4-5 double yolks a week from 5 hens. Got a triple yolk once. I had a pic of it. I’ll see if I can find it

Back
Top Bottom